Ca' Pisani Hotel
Why We Love It
- Venice's first boutique hotel is 5 minutes from the Accademia Galleries & the Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- There's an on-site solarium & a Turkish steam bath
- Wi-Fi is free
"As charming as it is chic" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Design Hotel Ca’ Pisani is an impressive 500-year-old townhouse with "definite star quality", says Lonely Planet. The traditional exterior, painted terracotta red and with arched feature windows, are in stark contrast to the modern décor inside, but this family-run property is "as charming as it is chic", says The Daily Telegraph.
You'll be staying in the quiet Dorsoduro district, a 15-minute walk from St Mark's Cathedral in the city centre. The area is primarily residential but it's popular with the city's art crowd, who visit the neighbouring Accademia Galleries and Peggy Guggenheim Collection (five minutes away).
There are also a number of good local eateries scattered nearby (try local favourites Cantinone de Schiavi, and Osteria alla Bifora). Cruise ships dock at the nearby Stazione Marittima throughout the year, making the Ca’ Pisani a great base for layovers. Transfers between the port and the hotel take no more than five minutes by taxi or 30 minutes on foot.
Influenced by the art deco and Futurist era, the property is filled with artwork by Italian artist Fortunato Depero, and original features such as a fresco by Ugo Sissa and trademark star-speckled blue tables in the hotel's La Rivista cheese and wine bar. A solarium (open spring-autumn) and a Turkish steam bath complete the hotel's select list of facilities. The staff are all hired directly by the Serandrei family themselves and are known for their friendly attitude and spot-on advice.
Each room is smartly furnished with authentic 1930s and '40s furniture collected by the owners. It's a historic building so standard rooms are modest in size -- upgrade to a Duplex for a separate living room and a bedroom set on a stunning glass-floored mezzanine. Free Wi-Fi is provided, and the mini bars in the high-end rooms are stocked with complimentary soft drinks.
- "This was the first hotel to throw off the yawn-making pan-Venetian style, and though it's no longer the only one, it's still one of the most effective" -- Time Out
- "Just off the sleek lobby, there is a bar and restaurant, La Rivista, which attracts a fashionable crowd of local Venetians" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.