Why We Love It
- Stunning views of the Adriatic Sea & the Old Town from every floor
- It’s a scenic 10-minute coastal walk from the Old Town
- The hotel is a favourite with celebrities & royalty
- Set on a private beach with a pretty sun terrace
″Breathtaking city views, great service & chic luxury″ -- Red
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set on the cliffside overlooking the Adriatic Sea, the luxurious Excelsior has panoramic views of Dubrovnik and the pine-clad Croatian island of Lokrum from every floor. The hotel counts royalty and film stars among the many guests who have stayed over its 100-year history, from Queen Elizabeth II to Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton and Sir Roger Moore.
From the private beach, it’s a 10-minute walk along the coast to Ploče Gate, the eastern entrance to the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel can arrange private yacht trips to Mljet National Park, “one of the most seductive of all the Adriatic islands”, according to Lonely Planet. Back at the Excelsior, there’s a spa with an indoor pool and Jacuzzi tubs, plus a hair salon.
The hotel has three fine-dining restaurants, all with ocean views. The waterside Prora Beach Restaurant specialises in Dalmatian seafood and overlooks the Old Town, while the Salin Restaurant has a sea-view terrace where a buffet breakfast is served. The Abakus Piano Bar and Restaurant -- also located on the expansive terrace -- offers cocktails and light snacks, as well as a Thai Table that serves Thai specialities each evening.
The modern bedrooms feature Croatian art and dark wood furnishings. All have free Wi-Fi, mini bars and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Luxurious touches include 24-hour room service, nightly turndown service and bathrobes and slippers. Superior and Deluxe Rooms have Old Town views, and Deluxe Rooms have balconies, as do all of the 17 suites.
- “Breathtaking city views, great service and chic luxury” -- Red magazine
- “The main pulls here are the fantastic sea views and proximity to Dubrovnik's medieval-walled Old Town” -- The Daily Telegraph
- “Exuberant elegance on Dubrovnik’s southern edge” -- Wanderlust
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: HRK 340 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: HRK 340 (one-way), (from 0 to 18 years old)
- Rollaway bed fee: HRK 370 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: HRK 8.00 per person, per night for adults; HRK 4.00 per night for guests aged 12-18 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 13 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.