Why We Love It
- Quintessentially English country-house hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds
- Surrounded by Grade II-listed gardens, which the Huffington Post calls "exquisite"
- Home to C-Side Spa, which has a gym, a sauna, a steam room, & heated indoor & outdoor pools
- An intimate, luxurious feel, with only 30 rooms
"Chic, clever and well run" -- The Guardian
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Cowley Manor is a boutique, quintessentially English, country-house hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds. It occupies 55 acres of wooded and meadow parkland, which includes several lakes (complete with swans), natural springs and Victorian cascades, a 13th century church and "exquisite" Grade II-listed gardens (Huffington Post). You may even spot a deer or two grazing in the grounds.
The hotel has garnered a plethora of praise from the national press for its modern interior and splendid gardens -- Lewis Carroll is said to have been inspired to write "Alice in Wonderland" while walking in the grounds. Cheltenham and Gloucester town centres are within a 22-minute drive through the rolling hills on the north-western edge of the Cotswolds.
The hotel's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner using local, seasonal and sustainably sourced produce. It features wooden paneled walls, high ceilings and views out across the countryside. There's also a bar area with a colourful, funky design, a billiards room and a sitting room. The hotel is home to C-Side Spa, a 2015 Good Spa Guide 5-Bubble-award-winning spa with a gym, a sauna, a steam room, a stylish, green slate-lined 17-metre indoor pool and an elegant 15-metre outdoor pool with a bar. Both pools are heated year-round.
While Cowley Manor is a large, imposing building, the hotel only has 30 rooms -- 15 in the main building, and 15 in the stable block -- but all have generous-sized bathrooms, free Wi-Fi access, a Blu-ray player, an iPod docking station and Nespresso machines, and include a large complimentary breakfast. The upgraded stable block rooms are larger, and some are split across different levels, and include cantilevered, private sitting rooms and large terraces with views over the lake.
- "A contemporary-chic 19th-century manor house with a modern, fresh and distinctive feel" -- Conde Nast Traveller
- "It's the attention to detail that makes Cowley Manor stand out... everything feels like it's been carefully and lovingly thought out" -- The Huffington Post
- "The picturesque vistas and lush green that surround it are quintessentially English" -- The Daily Mail
- "An Italianate country house with contemporary-cool interior styling, Cowley Manor has dreamy and extensive grounds." -- The Daily Telegraph
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.