The Ambassador Hotel
Why We Love It
- Past guests and reviewers all praise the fantastic views from the rooftop terrace
- The hotel is close to Istanbul's top sights, including the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern & Hagia Sophia
- Guests get free breakfast & free Wi-Fi
- There's a spa, a restaurant, a Turkish bath & a 24-hour fitness centre within the hotel
"A steal... the view alone is worth it" -- National Geographic
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Ambassador Hotel is in the centre of Istanbul, a 5-minute walk from the spectacularly decorated dome of the iconic Blue Mosque -- "Istanbul's most photogenic building", according to Lonely Planet.
The boutique hotel is in the heart of Sultanahmet, opposite the tram stop, putting it in an ideal spot for visiting the city's top attractions. The Basilica Cistern is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, and the Hagia Sophia is a 10-minute walk. The Guardian says the hotel is "very handy for all the main sights", adding that "the friendly staff are a joy".
Features include a spa, a restaurant, a Turkish bath and a 24-hour fitness centre. All guests get a free buffet breakfast. The hotel's rooftop terrace, where breakfast is served, turns into a bar for afternoon and evening drinks. The Daily Telegraph describes the views as "fabulous", while National Geographic says "the view alone is worth it". The lobby bar serves local wines and fresh pastries.
Guest rooms have free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, slippers and tea- and coffee-making facilities. Upgrade to a Deluxe Room for a larger bathroom with a Jacuzzi, a bottle of wine and a fruit basket.
- "A sleek neighbor to the Nomade, The Ambassador is centrally located, has an amazingly friendly and helpful staff, wireless internet throughout. Still, the best part about it is its amazing rooftop terrace: with free morning guest breakfasts and a bar for afternoons and evenings. The view alone is worth it" -- National Geographic
- "Its terrace restaurant has fabulous views over the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and Aya Sofya Museum" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "It is very handy for all the main sights and possesses a wonderful rooftop terrace offering fantastic views of Aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Bosphorus. The friendly staff are a joy" -- The Guardian
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 1pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 1pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 25 per vehicle (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 48 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.