The Green House
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is described as a "tall white building, enveloped by lofty trees and manicured grounds" by The Daily Telegraph
- This eco-friendly boutique property has stylish décor and solar-powered heating throughout
- The 2-AA-Rosette restaurant uses sustainable sources
- The Green House won a Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence 2017 – Best Green Hotel UK category
- Oceanarium The Bournemouth Aquarium is less than a 15-minute walk away, and Christchurch Castle ruins and Highcliffe Castle are 25 minutes' drive away
The Green House is an eco-friendly boutique hotel less than 10 minutes' stroll from Bournemouth's Pier and seafront. This award-winning hotel is enclosed by luscious trees and is set among manicured grounds.
The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum is less than 10 minutes' walk from the property and Oceanarium The Bournemouth Aquarium is less than a 15-minute walk away. Christchurch Castle ruins and Highcliffe Castle, a Grade I-listed mansion with Gothic Revival architecture, are 25 minutes' drive away.
The expansive heathland of The New Forest, the rugged shoreline of the Jurassic Coast and Corfe Castle, a striking medieval stronghold built by William the Conqueror, are all less than an hour's drive away.
The eco-friendly theme continues into the hotel's on-site Arbor restaurant, which holds two AA Rosettes, and serves innovative dishes made using organic ingredients from sustainable sources. The Green House bar serves snacks and afternoon tea.
The 32 "beautifully appointed bedrooms" each include "locally-made 100% wool carpets and solid wood furniture" (The AA).