The Mandala Hotel Berlin
Why We Love It
- Luxury retreat on the border between the former East & West Berlin
- The hotel's FACIL Restaurant has 2 Michelin stars
- You can relax in the hotel's ONO Spa
- The Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag & Holocaust Memorial are a short walk away
"Discreet charm" -- The Daily Telegraph
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Mandala Hotel is a 5-star property on Potsdamer Platz, on the former border between East and West Berlin.
The Berlin Wall used to run right through Potsdamer Platz, and from here the Brandenburg Gate, The Reichstag, the Holocaust Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie and Museum Island are within a 20-minute walk. In Potsdamer Platz you'll find shops, restaurants and bars.
The hotel's 2-Michelin-starred FACIL Restaurant is on the hotel's inner courtyard and has floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Alternatively, the QIU Restaurant & Bar, with its views over Potsdamer Platz, is perfect for a light lunch or dinner and has a vibe that is "trendy yet tranquil", according to The Daily Telegraph. Late in the evening, it turns into a lively nightspot.
The ONO Spa on the 11th floor has private spa suites, a menu of treatments and a 24-hour fitness centre.
The 158 modern studios and suites all feature walk-in wardrobes, free Wi-Fi and kitchenettes.
- "Berlin's Mandala Hotel offers discreet charm and a trendy vibe within striking distance of the city's key sights" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "A swish cocoon of sophistication and unfussy ambience" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am National Rating Know Before You Go
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Germany. This property is rated 5 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 30.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 100 per vehicle (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 100 (one-way), (up to 18 years old)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per day
- Valet parking fee: EUR 20 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 100.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Breakage deposit: EUR 100 per stay
- A city tax is imposed by the city of Berlin. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 01 September 2018 to 31 March 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Alternate facilities will be available offsite during the renovation.During renovations, the hotel will make every effort to minimize noise and disturbance.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.