Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond resort
- Condo-style units include spacious lanais, high-end kitchens and washers/dryers
- Tucked along a secluded stretch of beach, three pools and four hot tubs overlook the ocean
- Kids will be well-entertained with the slide, lazy river and kids pool
"Favorite with residents and locals alike" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Honua Kai Resort & Spa, a AAA 4-Diamond hotel, is a calmer and quieter option to some of Maui's neighboring bustling resorts. It sits on a stretch of golden sand on Kaanapali's north beach, which tends to be less crowded than main Kaanapali just to the south, but be prepared that Maui's entire west coast can get windy.
Named to the Conde Nast Traveler 2014 Gold List, the beachfront hotel features lush landscaping that practically runs right into the open-air lobby, with tile floors the color of sand flanked by intricate hand-carved teak beams. All rooms are suites and on the large side (studios start at 590 square feet, and the three-bedrooms are 2,600 square feet). Glass-paneled lanais border the ocean-view rooms and are worth paying extra for.
Pick up a towel from the front desk (housekeeping, room service and a concierge desk are also included) and grab a poolside mai tai from Duke's Beach House while the kids hit the waterslide.
Aloha Hour (daily from 3-5 p.m.) at Duke's is a fun spot for eating out and mingling, and the view from there is "amazing" according to Fodor's. If you're in a hurry, grab an acai bowl or gourmet sandwich from Aina Gourmet Market (open daily 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. in the lobby), which serves locally sourced items that change based on what's in season.
- "Since opening in 2009, this North Kaanapali Beach resort has quickly become a favorite with residents and locals alike" -- Frommer's
- "From the open-air lobby with its well-placed couches to the aesthetically pleasing pools to the extra spacious lanai adjoining the units – there's a consistent and effective blending of style, functionality and comfort" -- Lonely Planet
- "Active families will enjoy the spacious suites with large lanai, as well as the water features -- slide, waterfall, lazy river, and serenity, lap, and kids pools -- and the fitness center " -- Fodor's
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 30 for adults and USD 30 for children (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 8 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 36.50 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- Concierge/valet service
- Self parking
- Valet parking
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 01 April 2018 to 31 December 2020 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Select guestrooms
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.