The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
Why We Love It
- 87,000 square-foot aquatic wonderland -- there are five pools, 15 waterfalls, water slides, swim-through grottos and more
- Direct access to Maui's famed Kaʻanapali Beach
- For calm and quiet, there's an adult-only pool where tropical cocktails are swiftly served
- Request a recently-refurbished room with upgraded bathrooms and new shower heads for the best experience
"You could end up with fantasy overload" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Overlooking the cobalt-blue waters of the Pacific and with direct access to Kaʻanapali Beach, the Westin Maui Resort couples an unbeatable location with seemingly endless amenities and a family-friendly atmosphere. Stepping through the lobby, travelers are transported into a world of cascading waterfalls spilling into ponds where flamingos and black swans frolic.
The resort's star attraction: its 87,000 square foot aquatic playground where kids (and kids-at-heart) splash through the five pools, 15 waterfalls and countless lagoons and swim-through grottos. If this sounds a bit hectic, retreat to the adult's-only pool where butlers stand by with frosty margaritas and cold beers. Like many mega-resorts, reviewers note that snagging a chair by the pool isn't the easiest endeavor, though cabanas and chairs are available for rent along the beach.
Gayot describes the rooms as "cozy and comfortable." Request a recently-refurbished room with upgraded bathrooms and new shower heads for the best experience. Expect solid, 4-star accommodations as far as cleanliness and comfort, but the resort is designed for daily, outdoor activities so rooms are rather standard. Private balconies are a nice touch -- upgrading to an oceanview room is well worth it to watch the sunsets.
Unfurl a towel on the white-sand beach and take a dip -- the resort takes advantage of it's prime, swimmable beach with activities like stand-up paddleboarding, snorkeling and parasailing. Relaxation-seekers can find respite in the full-service spa, while the junior set hangs out with the kid's club. Dine at any of four on-site restaurants, including a burger bar, and participate in the beach luau with the area's only extreme fire-knife dancing show.
While this resort is typically a bit cheaper than area resorts, it's by no means an all-inclusive. Some guests note high prices at the on-site restaurants and recommend breaking it up by dining in town. A $30 daily resort fee per room covers high speed internet access, airport shuttle, self-parking and a shuttle to nearby resorts and towns.
- "The fantasy begins in the lobby, where waterfalls spill into pools stocked with flamingos and black swans" -- Frommer's
- "Small by full-service resort standards, the Westin packs a flurry of entertainment, recreation and dining into a compact beachfront location" -- Gayot
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7.00 and USD 29.95 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 54.00 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 18 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 31.25 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Children's club/arcade access
- Internet access
- In-room bottled water
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.