The Iron Horse Hotel
Why We Love It
- One of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Hotels for 2015
- 100-year-old warehouse hotel with an upscale feel
- Zagat-recommended restaurant does an ingenious Route 66 Sunday brunch
- Rooms are loft style and large, with original features and exposed brick walls
"The most masculine hotel you can imagine" -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewHoused within a 100-year-old warehouse, The Iron Horse Hotel is a restored gem. Guests at this upscale hotel will find themselves rubbing shoulders with business travelers, families and hipster couples alike. It’s not hard to deduce, though, that it’s primarily aimed at motorcycle enthusiasts -- as the Chicago Tribune says, “the décor is hard core," complete with chandeliers made from gear sticks and tattoo-inspired furnishings.
The hotel offers plenty of motorcycle-friendly facilities: There’s covered bike parking, an on-site bike wash and summertime Bike Nights celebrating motorcycle culture. It’s also across the bridge from the Harley-Davidson Museum -- a must for enthusiasts.
Though not situated right in the city center, the property is a 15-minute walk from the historic Third Ward district -- best known for its restaurants and shops, the Public Market and the Riverwalk. The hotel is a short drive or ride from other key attractions like the Milwaukee Art Museum and the Milwaukee Public Museum -- "among the best natural history museums in the country," says Fodor’s.
Back at the hotel, the in-house restaurant Smyth doesn’t disappoint, serving American fare with some regional Wisconsin highlights. Don’t miss the Sunday brunch, which is inspired by Route 66. There’s also a vintage cocktail bar and The Yard patio for al fresco drinking and snacking.
Loft-style rooms are large and have exposed brickwork, chunky rustic wood posts and original warehouse features. Pricier rooms are on the highest floors and have 12-foot-high ceilings and dramatic city views.
- "Most of the loft-style rooms retain the post-and-beam, exposed-brick interior of what was once a bedding factory" -- Lonely Planet
- "Has all the amenities of any upscale joint, but it makes accommodations to the two-wheeled set. The decór is hard core -- the twisted metallic art pieces that adorn each room are made from former mufflers" -- Chicago Tribune
- "This is the most masculine hotel you can imagine" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Child's crib or play n pack available free of charge for children (on request). No extra beds provided for children or adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged an extra $75 per stay on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Valet Parking is $30 per day.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Black out dates include: May 16-18, June 25- July 5, July 19-22, July 25-26, August 15-16, & December 31st.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.