La Posada Lodge & Casitas, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Why We Love It
- This playful Santa Fe themed hotel is a hip, refurbished 1960s motor lodge
- Guests are privy to a free breakfast buffet daily, including all the basics like coffee, eggs and a DIY waffle station
- This hotel is home to the locally loved Gringo Grill + Cantina
- Use the free in-room Wi-Fi to book tee times at the adjacent Quail Canyon Golf Course
"A Top Hotel in the Southwest & West" -- Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, 2017
Rooms & Rates
What was once a motor lodge dating back to the 1960s is now a quaint boutique hotel with a kitschy hacienda theme. The La Posada Lodge & Casitas is a short drive from downtown Tucson and is decorated in a fun and artsy style, with hand-painted details and gorgeous grounds.
Good for budget minded travelers, these rooms are on the smaller side, but use the space well, and come equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and hot breakfast daily. The outdoor pool and whirlpool is lovely and relaxing and though the hotel itself faces a busy road, this area is secluded from it.
The Gringo Grill + Cantina onsite is popular with locals and features a generous menu of authentic southwestern favourites as well as a wide selection of margaritas, sangria and beer, best enjoyed on the misted patio overlooking the grounds.
A short drive from the hotel, guests can drop some of the cash they saved on accommodations at the Tucson Mall and La Encantada shopping center. The hotel also neighbors the Quail Canyon Golf Course.
- "Though most rooms in the three-story building have Saltillo-tile floors and hand-painted Mexican headboards, a few are whimsically decorated with blue-and-lime-green-checkered bedspreads and curtains, along with kitschy furniture and lava lamps, as a tribute to the hotel's past life" – Fodor's
- "Although this hotel fronts busy Oracle Road, once you check in and park yourself on your patio overlooking the pool or the grassy courtyard, you'll forget all about the traffic out front" – Frommer's
General Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: USD 25.00 per pet, per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 10 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.