The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square
Why We Love It
- Built in 1904, the hotel is a historic landmark with a wild and sordid past including celebrity antics and political scandals
- This hotel overlooks Union Square and the cable cars stop directly in front of the hotel
- Rooms are divided into two towers -- the Landmark building rooms have preserved historic features
- A much heralded onsite steak house was opened by Michael Mina in 2010
"Richly appointed, serenely elegant, and superbly located" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The historic landmark building that is the Westin St. Francis sits in San Francisco's trendy Union Square and has been an iconic structure since it opened in 1904. The enormous lobby features sleek marble columns, crown molding and an iconic grandfather clock. Famous icons and personalities such as Charlie Chaplin and Queen Elizabeth have stayed at the hotel.
Guest rooms are divided between two buildings. The Landmark building, built in 1904, has a more classic design, with high ceilings, crown molding, chandeliers and dark woodwork. Rooms in the 32-story Tower building, built in 1972, have a more modern aesthetic, with large bay windows, many with views of the city. All guest rooms feature the signature Westin Heavenly Beds.
Dine at acclaimed chef Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak, known for steaks and seafood in a chic, modern space. The hotel's other restaurant, The Oak Room, serves up classic American fare in a more classic space. Michael Mina's cocktail lounge, Clock Bar, is located in the lobby and features an intimate lounge serving hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list with 300 labels. Cable cars stop right outside the hotel, making it easy to see the rest of the city, and proves better than bringing a car as parking here is pricey and driving within the city can be frustrating.
- "If you’re looking for a hotel exuding classic San Francisco elegance, the Westin St. Francis with its massive lobby, crown molding, marble columns, and iconic Grandfather Clock delivers" -- Frommer's
- "Adding to the air of upscale sophistication is the cool chic of Michael Mina's classy Bourbon Steak restaurant and a new cocktail lounge, Clock Bar, as well as the venerable Oak Room Restaurant, Chateau Montelena tasting room, and Caruso's café and lounge" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
Mini refrigerator upon request.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 37 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (6-device limit, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 62 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(13 Member Ratings)