JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
Why We Love It
- A block to the big-brand shops and restaurants around Union Square
- Rooms are dated but quite tidy, with luxurious amenities like Bose radios and pillow-top mattresses
- Relax around a fireplace over custom cocktails in the hotel's bar
- White-glove service includes free car shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel
“Takes center stage in the cultural heart” -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A block off Union Square, the 4-Star JW Marriott places guests within a 10-minute walk of Chinatown and dozens of shops and restaurants.
While they are no longer on the stylish cutting edge, rooms are nonetheless reliable and cushy, with pillow-top mattresses, ergonomic Herman Miller Aeron chairs and Bose radios. Upgraded rooms also feature stunning views of the city. The hotel offers 24-hour butler service and complimentary limo/town car service within a 2-mile radius -- helpful for tackling the steep streets of this area.
The hotel’s restaurant, Level III, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring California cuisine in a sleek space, with the bar serving light snacks and custom cocktails. Get your workout in at the hotel’s fitness center or stop by the concierge desk to get a running route to take in the city at the same time.
- “Sitting about a block west of Union Square, this JW Marriott places guests conveniently at the heart of San Francisco. From here, travelers only have to walk a few blocks to find a tram, cable car or BART train to take them to the city’s top sights” -- U.S. News & World Report
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75.24 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 24 February 2018 to 01 April 2018 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Dining venue
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.