Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel
Why We Love It
- Chic downtown hotel is a New York Magazine Critics' Pick
- A 5-minute walk to Wall Street & South Street Seaport
- Swanky guest rooms have 12-foot ceilings & antique chandeliers
- The on-site wine lounge buzzes during its weeknight happy hour, held from 4-7pm
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A New York Magazine critics' pick, Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel was an unlikely boutique addition to Manhattan's Financial District when it first opened in 2008. The property is now well established as a cosier alternative to the area's larger corporate properties, and has a hip downtown vibe.
Wall Street is two blocks away and Trinity Church, the September 11 Memorial and the ferry to the Statue of Liberty are all within walking distance. It's slightly outside the traditional tourism centre, but nearby subway stops cover nine of the city's lines and make it easy to get around.
Despite its trendy atmosphere, the hotel can be quiet at the weekends, but this is no bad thing if you're looking for a peaceful night's sleep. After a day exploring the city, unwind with a book in an intimate nook off the lobby or head upstairs to the lively La Soffitta wine lounge, where the checker-board floor and bottle-lined walls heave with post-work drinkers during the week.
There's also a small outpost of Upper East Side staple Felice Ristorante, which dishes up hearty Tuscan fare accompanied by regional Italian wines.
High-ceiling guest rooms are large by New York standards and come with brass chandeliers and the Wall Street Journal each morning. Frosted glass bricks provide a modicum of privacy in the bathrooms, and leather headboards, tartan throws and oversized terrycloth robes all help evoke the atmosphere of a modern gentlemen's club.
- "Rooms fuse Euro elegance and American comfort" -- Lonely Planet
- "The first small luxury lifestyle hotel of its kind in the financial district" -- Wallpaper*
- "The Gild Hall outpost of this über-cool brand has that edgy luxury that not many hotels seem to be able to nail" -- Elle Canada
- "Tasteful décor and thoughtful amenities make this property an upscale financial-district choice" -- New York Magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to the age of 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request and maximum two per room). Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge. No extra bed available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges will apply.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(14 Member Ratings)