The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Why We Love It
- The hotel feels like a sanctuary on a private white-sand cove
- Tropical gardens and waterfalls pepper the oceanfront property
- Onsite Spa Without Walls is "one of the island's most impressive" (Travel + Leisure)
- Family-friendly with a year-round children's program
"Inviting sanctuary" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
The Fairmont Orchid Hawaii -- a AAA 4-Diamond hotel and Conde Nast Traveler 2014 World's Best hotel -- is an "inviting sanctuary" (Frommer's) that sweeps across 32 acres of pristine oceanfront along the Big Island's northwest Kohala Coast.
Fronting the rugged shoreline, the U-shaped hotel feels rather secluded as it opens up to a private white-sand cove. Once on the beach, guests can embark on outrigger canoe and snorkeling trips just offshore or meet at the Beach Shack for a complimentary guided hike, held at 8 a.m. every morning.
Lush green landscapes and flowing waterfalls weave around the 10,000-square-foot swimming pool (open 24 hours). Guests can dine steps from the beach at the AAA 4-Diamond Brown's Beach house, one of six restaurants on site. All of the dining options offer kid's menus, and there is a year-round children's program (for an additional fee).
The rooms are elegant and generously proportioned according to Fodor's -- even the smallest start at 510 square feet -- with private lanais, rattan furniture, bamboo accents and ocean views from almost every one. The on-site Spa Without Walls is "one of the Island's most impressive" (Travel + Leisure), treating guests to ocean side treatments like Kona coffee body scrubs in outdoor massage huts.
- "This first-rate resort overflows with tropical gardens, cascading waterfalls, sandy beach cove, beautiful wings with 'open sesame' doors, a meandering pool, and renovated rooms with all the amenities" -- Fodor's
- "The two guest wings at this polished but inviting sanctuary are set off the main lobby like two arms ready to embrace the well-manicured grounds and rugged shoreline; you may feel like hugging it, too, when you have to leave" -- Frommer's
- "Elegant and almost formal (for Hawaiʻi), the Orchid never lets you forget that you're at an exclusive, luxury hotel. The architecture feels rather continental, but the meticulously maintained grounds are buoyantly tropical" -- Lonely Planet
General Pool bar is open seasonally.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 13 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 22 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- 1 percent destination fee will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
- Spa access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.