The Kendall Hotel
Why We Love It
- One block from a T transit stop, the property is rated the #2 hotel in Cambridge by TripAdvisor members
- Rooms are clean and spacious, with accents of vintage Americana to jazz up the traditional vibe
- Sip complimentary wine 5-6pm on weekdays, then check out the skyline from the rooftop lounge
- Occupying a former firehouse, the hotel offers a bountiful complimentary breakfast buffet “fit for a fireman"
“Homey and ultrafriendly, bright-hued and lively” -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
Explore Boston’s coveted Cambridge neighborhood while staying at The Kendall, a boutique hotel and former firehouse. A five-minute walk from MIT’s campus, the hotel seamlessly links guests to Boston with a prime location on the T’s Red Line, two stops from Harvard Square.
The Kendall serves a complimentary full breakfast buffet billed as “fit for a fireman,” with fresh daily offerings such as eggs, bacon, homemade granola, scones and more. The hotel’s Black Sheep restaurant serves up organic and locally sourced American fare three meals a day.
Business travelers benefit from the hotel's location and amenities. Guests can spy skyline views from the hotel’s Rooftop Retreat, which doubles as a 24-hour business center. Clink glasses with other hotel guests at the hosted wine hour 5-6pm Monday through Thursday, or finish up some work with the city of Boston as your backdrop. Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel keeps guests in touch.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Kendall offers older, Colonial-style rooms with quilts and antique décor.
- “#2 of 19 Cambridge hotels” -- TripAdvisor.com
- “Once the Engine 7 Firehouse, this city landmark is now a cool and classy all-American hotel” -- Lonely Planet
- "You might think a place in such a high-tech neighborhood would be all stainless steel and chrome; think again: the Kendall Hotel is homey and ultrafriendly, bright-hued and lively” -- Fodor’s
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD varies (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: USD varies (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- A fee will be charged for use of certain facilities
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.