Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Why We Love It
- Named Europe's Best City Hotel 2014 by Condé Nast Johansens
- Stately mansion hotel 10 minutes from the Trevi Fountain
- A "gem of a hotel", says Frommer's
- Freebies include 'mix your own' cocktail hour, mini bar drinks, Wi-Fi & 24-hour spa access
Named Europe's Best City Hotel, 2014 -- Condé Nast Johansens
Rooms & Rates
OverviewBuilt in the 1900s, the Villa Spalletti Trivelli is a monumental mansion set on a quiet side street, one block from the Via Nazionale in the centre of Rome. It may be grand, but it feels like a real home -- it is still owned and run by Count Gian Giacomo Spalletti Trivelli and his wife.
The hotel was named Best City Hotel in the 2014 Condé Nast Johansens European awards, and is in an ideal location, right next to the Quirinale Palace. The tall hedges surrounding the property's formal gardens help travellers forget they are in the city centre.
A 10-minute walk will take you to the Trevi Fountain and it is 15 minutes on foot to the Spanish Steps. The metro station (Barberini) is a 10-minute walk away for easy transfers to Vatican City.
Spend the evening relaxing in the hotel's library, which is lined with antique books, before heading out for dinner or dining in. The hotel has no on-site restaurant, but the chef will whip up meals on request, with advance notice. Don't miss the complimentary cocktail hour where you can mix your own from the drinks trolley.
Access to a 24-hour spa with a sauna, Turkish bath, treatment room and a well-equipped gym, is also free, as is Wi-Fi -- they'll even lend you a laptop if you haven't brought your own. In the mornings, breakfast is a sumptuous buffet spread of Italian cakes, organic yogurt, Parma ham and buffalo mozzarella. Eggs, bacon and pancakes are made to order.
The 12 individually decorated rooms are named after Rome's historic districts. Each is well sized, with high ceilings, linen sheets and marble bathrooms with separate walk-in showers and deep soaking tubs. Half face the hotel's garden and half the Quirinale, some with a balcony. Free mini bars, filled with sodas, beer and spirits, are a welcome touch.
- "The gracious staff anticipate guests’ requests without being intrusive" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "This gem of a hotel offers a rare opportunity to experience home life as lived by a Roman nobleman and his family a century ago" -- Frommer’s
- "A glorious mansion in central Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli has upped the ante for luxurious stays in the capital" -- Lonely Planet
- "Small and luxurious, with Neoclassical overtones, this early-20th-century villa -- on a side street on patrician Quirinal Hill -- is also refined and subtle" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 5 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding. There is no extra bed; cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children under 5.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: A city tax of 3.5€ per person, per night is included in the total price.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.