Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces
Why We Love It
- Located along the historic Camino Real de Tierra Adentro, the hotel has a charming Spanish-Colonial feel
- Many rooms have views of the scenic Organ Mountains and Mesilla Valley
- Frontier town Old Mesilla, home to outlaw Billy the Kid, is a 10 minute drive away
- A complimentary shuttle offers rides around town, and Wi-Fi is free
"Spanish Colonial elegance" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set in the historic El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro (the Royal Road of the Interior), just 30 minutes north of the Mexican border, the Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces draws upon the rich heritage of the region where Spanish Colonial and Mexican influences abound.
Though the exterior may not seem like much at first glance, the interior “channels a gracious hacienda” (Fodor’s) with Spanish archways, burnt-orange Saltillo tiled courtyards and dark-wood hand-carved details. The lobby features hand-crafted stone sculptures and Mexican pewter crosses -- the landmark that gave the city its name -- and photographs by artist Miguel Gandert hang on the walls depicting scenes from New Mexico’s past.
The hilltop locale lends east-facing rooms views of the picturesque Organ Mountains, while westward-facing rooms look out onto the city lights. Just beyond the city limits and about a 10-minute drive from the hotel sits Old Mesilla, the 19th-century frontier town (home to infamous outlaw Billy the Kid) where adobe buildings, taverns and antique shops fill the historic square.
At the hotel, amenities include a fitness centre, spa, and an outdoor patio with a heated pool (open year-round), hot tub and fire pit. Wi-Fi is complimentary, and a free shuttle is available for rides into Las Cruces, which is 3 miles away. The hotel is also pet friendly; pets weighing under 75 pounds are welcome for a daily fee of $25.
- “Spanish Colonial elegance defines this seven-story hotel on the east side of town, about a 15-minute drive from Mesilla, with an incredible view of the city and the Organ Mountains" -- Frommer's
- “Naturally, whether it's a main destination, a college-scouting visit or just a stop on a roadtrip, many travelers hope to overnight somewhere that offers local flavor -- and this hotel, owned by New Mexico's own Heritage Hotels, delivers" -- USA Today
- “What looks like a multistory chain hotel from the outside -- it was built as a Hilton in 1986 -- channels a gracious hacienda inside" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge for children. A $100 crib deposit is required and refunded upon return of crib in original condition. Extra bed available on request: $20 per night + tax. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (maximum wright: 75 lbs per pet) and will be charged a nonrefundable charge of $25 per night on checkout; up to two pets allowed, canines only.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.