Palazzo Magnani Feroni
Why We Love It
- This all-suite palace packs "packs bags of character" says Fodor's
- Original features include high vaulted ceilings, chandeliers & frescoed walls
- The summer roof terrace has amazing city views
- Set in the San Frediano district, just across the river from the Gucci Museum
"The stuff of dreams" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Housed in a 16th-century palace, Palazzo Magnani Feroni is "the stuff of dreams", says Lonely Planet, with spacious suites and stunning views from the rooftop terrace. It's been in the same family for many years and still has lots of original features, from high vaulted ceilings (one originates from Michaelangelo's Palazzo Farnese in Rome) to an old-fashion elevator with an iron grille, and frescoed walls.
Set in the artisan neighbourhood of San Frediano, the intimate hotel is just 15 minutes from key Florentine attractions such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Gucci Museum, and a 10-minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio. It's slightly out of the way, but the residential setting makes for a much quieter stay than the city centre. If you decide to sample the local eateries, be sure to consult your in-room restaurant guide -- it was personally written by the owners.
Start the day with a buffet breakfast and eggs cooked to order in the Murano salon and enjoy free tea and coffee all afternoon. There's no in-house restaurant, but room service is available and drinks can be enjoyed on the stunning covered roof terrace on summer evenings. You'll have to climb two flights of stairs to reach it, but the far-reaching city views make it well worth it.
All of the 12 suites are huge and have been lavishly furnished with antiques and chandeliers; most have separate sitting rooms. Guests are welcome to choose from a selection of CDs, DVDs and even scented soaps for a truly home-from-home experience and the top suites also come with an in-room computer, printer and gym equipment. For a touch of romance opt for the smallest suite -- it has its own private courtyard.
- "The 360-degree city view from the rooftop is magnificent and unforgettable" -- Lonely Planet
- "The painstaking attention paid to details, the choice of period furnishings, and attentive personal service make this ancient Florentine palace the ideal place" -- US News & World Report
- "The palace houses extensive period furnishings and packs bags of character" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 4 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children up to 4. Extra bed available, on request, in any Suite, except the Junior Suite: 60€ for children over 4 and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: City tax not included: 4€ per person, per night, payable at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.