Belmond Castello di Casole
Why We Love It
- Luxurious hotel set in 4200 acres of private land in Tuscany
- Set in a restored 10th-century villa
- There's an outdoor infinity pool with stunning views
- "A special experience", says The New York Times
"One of the best views in Tuscany" -- Condé Nast Traveler
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewPresiding over its very own 4200-acre private estate, the historic Castello di Casole offers guests a little slice of luxury in the Tuscan hills. The terracotta-tiled villa is a 40-minute drive from Siena and the ancient towers of San Gimignano and sits in an exclusive corner of Italy where the land is studded with olive groves and celebrities' second homes (apparently Sting lives just over the hill).
The hotel was originally owned by the Bargagli family and was sympathetically restored over over five years. Today, the 10th-century castle embodies a spectacular, if slightly rose-tinted, vision of Italy that thankfully stops just short of Disneyland perfection.
Guests will feel thoroughly spoiled in the bedrooms (which are huge), with under-floor heating, over-stuffed armchairs and free soft drinks in the mini bars, Modern details, like large TVs, are hidden away in antique cupboards. The bathrooms are more like mini spas and have enormous free-standing tubs and walk-in showers. For more space, opt for a 2-storey Limonia Suite, or splash out on an Oliveto Suite with its own extensive terrace. Some face the courtyard, but the best have views over the estate.
The on-site Tosca restaurant serves sophisticated but rustic Italian fare, specialising in homemade pasta and organic vegetables, while Trattoria Pazzia is more relaxed. Children will be won over by all-day ice cream. The estate may be well-suited to families, but there are plenty of grown-up activities. After a day playing a traditional game of Bocce or lounging by the heated infinity pool (open May-October), slink off for a sip of the hotel’s own Dodici blend at the Visconti Bar (named after the director, Luchino Visconti, who owned the Castello in the 1960s).
A brand new sizeable spa, set in the original wine cellar, is equally decadent -- think barrel-vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, exposed stone walls and treatments using local olive oil and lavender. There's also a well-equipped gym or guests can join the weekly Pilates or yoga class, out in the vineyard.
- "[The] levels of comfort and service are extremely high" -- The Telegraph
- "The bathrooms are exceptionally well appointed: alabaster is used for everything" -- The Independent
- "A well-executed renovation and full fleet of amenities still made a special experience" -- The New York Times
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: EUR 150 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. Exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5.00 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.