ABaC Restaurant & Hotel
Why We Love It
- Home to a 2-Michelin-star restaurant
- Intimate Barcelona experience, with only 15 rooms
- Access to the 1500-foot spa & Wi-Fi is free for guests
- Made Condé Nast Traveller's Gold List in 2011
"One of the city's best restaurants" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
ABaC started life as a well-regarded restaurant in Barcelona's fashionable Carrer Rec district. After moving to the upmarket Sarria-sant Gervasi area, adding 15 boutique bedrooms and securing two Michelin stars, it’s now of "5-star-hotel standard", says Condé Nast Traveler, who included it on their 2011 Gold List. How far it has come.
"'Restaurant with rooms' doesn't do it justice", says Harper's Bazaar, and yet Restaurant ABaC continues to be the big draw. It's called "one of the city's best" by Lonely Planet, with the youngest chef in Spain ever to win a Michelin star running the kitchen (it now holds two). Jordi Cruz's menu is made up of avant-garde combinations such as Galician lobster cooked in coral juice with foie gras. There is also a futuristic basement bar and a wine cellar with more than 800 labels available.
If you can drag yourself away, entrance to the lovely and large on-site Elemis spa is complimentary for guests (treatments are extra). There's a large Jacuzzi with underwater recliners, a cold pool, a Hammam and heated sunbeds to relax on. The nearby Parc Güell is a 15-minute walk and Plaza Catalunya is 10 minutes away by taxi.
The bedrooms have a touch of the futuristic about them, with high-tech lighting that responds as you move, a Jacuzzi bath and internet Bang & Olufsen TVs. Wi-Fi is also free. It is worth upgrading to a Superior Room for use of a large terrace, where lunch or dinner can be served.
- "The welcome is discreet but warm" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "'Restaurant with rooms' doesn't do justice to ABaC -- despite the fact that the two-Michelin-starred restaurant is the hotel's headline act -- there's also the teched-up rooms, pristine interiors and gorgeous spa to consider" -- Harper's Bazaar
- "[The hotel] receives high marks for its beautifully designed rooms… lovely spa and one of the city's best restaurants" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to the age of 3 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge.
No extra bed available for older children or adults.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: City tax not included: 2.50€ per person, per night, payable at the hotel and for up to 17.50€ per person, per stay.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.