The Standard Downtown LA
Why We Love It
- The former home of Standard Oil, this hotel is inspired by swanky midcentury design
- Guestrooms have large windows that open and glassed-in rain showers
- Dine at 24/7 Restaurant, specializing in organic and local American classics
- Lively rooftop pool area with DJs, a dance floor and the Biergarten
"Trendy, whimsical interiors" -- Travel + Leisure
Rooms & Rates
Once the headquarters of the Standard Oil company, The Standard LA Downtown hotel oozes midcentury charm, from the historic marble lobby to the brightly designed rooms.
Although the theme borrows from '50s swank, the guestrooms are well-appointed with modern amenities, including free Wi-Fi, down bedding and glassed-in showers. Other notable features include large mirrors and windows that open, 24-hour room service and custom bath amenities.
Dine on-site at the lemon-yellow-drenched 24/7 Restaurant, which specializes in local and organic American fare. At night, the lively rooftop pool area and Biergarten heat up with DJs and a dance floor. A 24-hour fitness center is also available. During the day, get spruced up at Rudy's Barbershop.
- "A new era of revitalization for downtown LA took off running with the opening of the downtown Standard hotel" -- Gayot.com
- "The trendy, whimsical interiors here are fun and don’t take themselves too seriously: both George Jetson and Austin Powers would feel at home" -- Travel + Leisure
- "The large guest rooms are practical and funky" -- Fodor's
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44 per night (in/out privileges)
- A pet fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 150 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.