Why We Love It
- Discreet 1920s-themed hotel in a great location
- Free all-day snacks & a nightly wine reception
- The on-site Monkey Bar has appeared in 'Sex and the City' & 'Mad Men'
- Guests get free day passes for local sports clubs
"This romantic gem in the heart of Midtown" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
"Appealingly old-fashioned" with "impeccable service" says Condé Nast Traveller, of the Hotel Elysée. This diminutive red-brick hotel is sandwiched between swanky Park Avenue and the shops on Madison Avenue, a 10-minute walk from Central Park, Rockefeller Center and Bloomingdale's. The hotel dates back to the 1920s and over the years has hosted the likes of Tennessee Williams, Marlon Brando and Maria Callas. The nearest subway station (5th Avenue-53rd Street) is only a block and a half away.
There's no restaurant on site, but the historic hand-painted Monkey Bar, which dates back to the Great Depression and has appeared in 'Sex and the City' and 'Mad Men', is in the same building and offers a simple but tasty menu. Cookies, fresh fruit and drinks in the cosy 2nd-floor club room are free for guests all day, and there's a daily evening reception including hors d’oeuvres, cheese and wine. There's no gym, but free day passes for local sports clubs are available at the front desk.
The rooms feature French antique-style furniture and quirky period features, such as fireplaces and solariums (four even have terraces). For a quieter night's sleep, request a room overlooking a side street. Unusually for a city-centre hotel, all have windows that open and the bathrooms have full-size bath tubs.There are a range of in-room goodies, including free water and a welcome bar of chocolate, and mini fridges are available on request.
- "This romantic gem in the heart of Midtown might be easy to miss: It's dwarfed by glass towers on either side of it. But that it is so inconspicuous is part of the Elysée's immense appeal" -- Frommer's
- "This intimate hotel is a favorite for travelers looking for great location without breaking the bank"-- Fodor's
- "There's a graciousness to the place that has nothing to do with fashion and everything to do with impeccable service" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 1pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's cot/crib available on request free of charge. No extra bed available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: The rates for the King Suite Room are subject to a $2 occupancy tax, which will be added to the final rate on the booking page.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.