$377 – Yorkshire: gourmet stay at AA Spa Hotel of the Year
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Snap up a gourmet dinner, bed and breakfast stay for two at Rudding Park, a North Yorkshire hotel near Harrogate that has been showered with accolades, most recently Spa Hotel of the Year at the AA Hospitality Awards 2019 and Independent Hotel of the Year at the Catey Awards 2019. Overnight stays at this multi-award-winning property are now $377, saving 14% on the usual cost, plus you get two hours' access to the Roof Top Spa and Garden, which The Daily Telegraph describes as "a playground for adults".
- Overnight accommodation for two in a Ribston Wing Double/Twin Room, with full Yorkshire breakfast, use of the indoor swimming pool, juniper log sauna and bucket shower, and either a 3-course tasting-menu dinner in the 3-AA-Rosette Horto restaurant (open Wednesday-Sunday) or £43 per person dinner credit to spend on the à la carte menus in Horto (open Wednesday-Sunday) or Clocktower (open daily) -- please email the hotel in advance with your chosen restaurant and preferred time at email@example.com
- Access to the Roof Top Spa and Garden from 3:30-5:30pm on the day of arrival
- A 25% discount on spa treatments of 45 minutes or more -- must be pre-booked; please email the hotel to check availability
- A 2-night stay, with daily breakfast, use of the indoor swimming pool, juniper log sauna and bucket shower, dinner on both nights and access to the Roof Top Spa and Garden from 11am-1pm on the second day, is $718
- Stay in a Follifoot Wing Double/Twin Room for an extra $114 per room, per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- Rudding Park entered TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Hotel Hall of Fame in 2017 as the only UK hotel
- The property was named Spa Hotel of the Year (AA Hospitality Awards for Excellence 2019), Independent Hotel of the Year (Catey Awards 2019) and Hotel of the Year (VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2018)
- The 3-AA-Rosette Horto restaurant serves dishes made using seasonal produce from the hotel’s own kitchen garden, while the more relaxed Clocktower restaurant serves a brasserie-style menu and "boasts food that's worth a detour" (The AA)
- Leisure facilities feature "three floors of spa heaven" (The Good Spa Guide), including the "imaginative" (The Daily Telegraph) Roof Top Spa and Garden
Rudding Park is a luxury spa and golf resort that is less than 15 minutes' drive from Harrogate. The hotel "sits in pampered seclusion, surrounded by parkland, with not another building in sight" (The Daily Telegraph), and features 90 bedrooms and suites, a luxury spa, two restaurants, a kitchen garden, a private cinema and two golf courses.
In 2017, Rudding Park was the only UK hotel to enter TripAdvisor's first-ever Travelers' Choice Hotel Hall of Fame -- a list reserved for properties that had won a Travelers' Choice Award 10 years running.
The traditional exterior of the property contrasts with the "stylishly contemporary and elegant" (The AA) interiors, which feature bold fabrics and furnishings. You can spend your day relaxing in the library, embarking on a woodland walk within the grounds or exploring the historic towns of Harrogate and Knaresborough, which are both less than 15 minutes' drive away. Alternatively, take a trip to Leeds or York – both cities are less than 40 minutes from the hotel by car.
The hotel has not one, but two restaurants to tempt your taste buds. The 3-AA-Rosette Horto (Latin for "kitchen garden"), where home-grown produce is used to create "dishes built on unimpeachable seasonal freshness" (The AA), and Clocktower, which is "all vibrant, colourful spaces, from the long limestone bar to the grand conservatory with its Catalonian olive tree, and a dining room complete with an eye-catching pink glass chandelier" (The AA). Horto is open for dinner from 7-8:30pm Wednesday-Sunday and must be pre-booked.
When you're ready for a spot of pampering, the luxury spa, which opened in 2017, has "everything you could wish for", according to the The Good Spa Guide. Split over "three floors of spa heaven", with glass walls allowing you to look out over the grounds, facilities include an indoor pool, a juniper log sauna, a rasul, several treatment rooms and four "mind and sense" zones (supplements apply). The Roof Top Spa and Garden -- the first of its kind in the UK -- features a hydrotherapy infinity edge pool, two steam rooms, a panoramic sauna, oxygen rooms and a sunlight therapy room (supplements apply).
Rooms are "light, sleek and understated", says The Daily Telegraph, and "it's worth paying extra for the larger Follifoot wing rooms with their pops of fun". Follifoot Wing rooms are more spacious than Ribston Wing rooms and feature roll-top baths. Some also have a private terrace or balcony (available on request; supplements apply).
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 3 to 16: £50 per night.
Extra bed available upon request, for older children and adults: £100 per night.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$377 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(6 Member Ratings)