$324 – 9-Day Trek to Nepal's Sacred Lake District, 35% Off
Why We Love This Deal
Trek where the locals do; Gosainkunda, the 'sacred lake district of Nepal' is a place of worship and less crowded than the usual Annapurna or Everest treks.
This 6-day journey to the frozen lakes of Gosainkunda, including 3 additional nights in Kathmandu is just US$324 per person, twin share -- saving you 35% on the usual tour price.
"Let the magic of the lake envelop you" -- Inside Himalayas
- 3 nights in Kathmandu (on twin share basis)
- 5 nights in tea houses during the trek (on twin share basis)
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport transfers & all ground transportation as per itinerary
- Kathmandu World Heritage guided sightseeing tour
- All necessary permits and TIMS-Card for trekking
- Government taxes, vat, and tourist service charges
- Government-licensed English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Porters are not included and can be requested for at US$20 per day (1 porter caters to 2 trekkers)
- Note: A minimum of two travelers are required for the tour to commence
- Extend your trip with a 3-day Chitwan Jungle Safari experience at US$150 per person. This full-board safari departs daily and can be booked separately with no single supplement required; solo travelers get a private room of their own.
Why We Love It
- Gosaikunda Lake is one of Nepal's most famous religious and pilgrimage sites
- One of the shortest treks in Nepal, it's a relatively easy and scenic hike where you'll meet more locals than tourists
- There are 108 lakes of different shapes and sizes in the area
- Trekking in August during the full moon festival is when you should go for "a truly authentic experience" (Inside Himalayas)
- Sunrise at Laurebina, where there is a panoramic view of Langtang ridge is the highlight of the trek
Travelzoo Tip: Click here for UnionPay cardholder special of up to 7% off
Departure dates (2019): Jun 21; Jul 13; Aug 18; Sep 9 & 20; Oct 2, 10, 19 & 28; Nov 7, 16 & 25; Dec 4 & 13.
Departure dates (2020): Jan 5; Feb 15 & 27; Mar 6, 16 & 30.
Book by: February 29, 2020.
Occupancy Rules: Rate for trek is based on two traveling together; an additional surcharge of US$99 applies per person if guests wish to stay in a single room alone in Kathmandu, payable directly to Global Adventure Trekking. There is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 12 people per tour group. Travelers must be at least 10 years of age to embark on this tour. Rate for Chitwan Jungle Safari is per person with no single supplement. There is a maximum of 10 people per tour group.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your trek or safari. Reservations are subject to availability. To secure your desired travel dates, we recommend booking earlier.
Cancellation Policies: Once the tour date has been reserved, no cancellation is allowed. Changes must be made at least 30 days prior to departure date, and guests will have to pay a US$200 amendment fee directly to Global Adventure Trekking. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if guests no show. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Tour does NOT include: Nepal entry visa (obtained upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days is US$25 or equivalent foreign currency; lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and on the trek; international airfare and airport departure tax; travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation; international airfare and airport departure tax; alcoholic, hot and cold drinks; personal trekking equipment; tips for trekking staff and driver (tipping is expected); any other expenses which are not mentioned.