$1,749 – Nepal: 14-Day Trek to 'Stunning Natural Wonder'
The summit of Gokyo Ri offers "a view across to Mount Everest that arguably surpasses the scenes even from around Base Camp," says BBC Travel. Grab a buddy and check Nepal off your bucket list with this 14-day trek with Google Treks Nepal at $1749. This means you pay just $875 per person, saving a whopping $920 off regular prices.
- Private airport pick-up and drop-off from Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu)
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Kathmandu Eco or Hotel Yambu or similar, in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 10 nights' guesthouse/lodge accommodation during the trek
- Round-trip flights between Kathmandu and Lukla and all ground transportation in Kathmandu
- Fully licensed, English-speaking guide throughout
- Full complement of local staff and porters during trek, with all insurance costs covered
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS trekking permit, all government taxes, vat, and tourist service charges
- A 14-day trek for single travelers is available at $899 per person
Why We Love It
- Named one of the 'Top 10 detours off the Everest trek,' Lonely Planet recommends the Upper Gokyo Lakes if you want to escape the crowds on the "Everest Highway" into Base Camp
- An alternative to the Everest Base Camp trek, National Geographic lists the Gokyo Lakes Trek among the '7 Stunning Natural Wonders in Asia'
- This trek brings you to the summit of Gokyo Ri which offers views of four of the six highest mountains in the world -- Everest and "Himalayan giants such as Lhotse... Makalu, Cho Oyu" (National Geographic)
- Take the road less traveled -- head to "Nepal's other Everest" (BBC Travel) with Google Treks Nepal, ranked No. 10 of Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu on TripAdvisor
- With 91% Excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, guests praise Google Treks Nepal for their professional English speaking guides, who lead well organised, safe tours
- At $1749, this tour for two is 51% off regular prices and saves an additional $49 when you travel with a buddy
- Highlights of this trip include panoramic views of some the world's highest peaks, the Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley, visits to NamcheBazzar, Phorse Village, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath Temple
Travelzoo Tip: Mandarin and Japanese-speaking guides are available at an additional cost of $90 per person, payable directly to Google Treks Nepal. (Prior notice required)
Vouchers can be redeemed for select departure dates from now through May 25, 2018. Tours depart monthly on the 10th and 25th of each month. Once the tour date has been reserved, no cancellation is allowed. Changes must be made at least 20 days prior to departure date, and guests will have to pay a $200 amendment fee directly to Google Treks Nepal. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if guests no show. Book by: April 25, 2018.
Note: $1749 rate is for two adults, $899 rate is based on per person basis; guests will be paired with others in the tour group of the same gender for rooming purposes. An additional surcharge of $250 applies per person if guests wish to stay in a single room alone in Kathmandu (3 nights), payable directly to Google Treks Nepal. There is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 12 people per tour group. Children must be at least 12 years old, to be accompanied by one adult.
Tour does NOT include: Nepal entry visa (obtained upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days is $30 or equivalent foreign currency; meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek; lunch and dinner in Kathmandu; international airfare and airport departure tax; travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation; international airfare and airport departure tax; alcoholic, hot and cold drinks; personal trekking equipment; tips for trekking staff and driver (tipping is expected); any other expenses which are not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary.
When You Can Go
Sep 11, 2017 - May 25, 2018