$849 – Half Off 14-Day Trek to 'Stunning Natural Wonder'
Why We Love This Deal
The summit of Gokyo Ri offers "a view across to Mount Everest that arguably surpasses the scenes even from around Base Camp," says BBC Travel.
Luxury Holidays Nepal is slashing prices for this 14-day Gokyo lakes trek -- at US$849 per person, that's 50% off regular prices.
- 3 nights' stay in Kathmandu including breakfast, twin share basis
- 10 nights' stay in standard lodges during the trek, twin share basis
- All ground transportation in a private vehicle as per itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- Porter service
- Staff costs, including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- Luxury Holidays Nepal’s duffel, sleeping bag, T-shirt and trekking map
- All necessary paperwork & trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Farewell dinner with cultural program
Why We Love It
- Named one of the 'Top 10 Detours off the Everest trek,' Lonely Planet recommends the Upper Gokyo Lakes if you want to escape the crowds on the "Everest Highway" into Base Camp
- An alternative to the Everest Base Camp trek, National Geographic lists the Gokyo Lakes Trek among the '7 Stunning Natural Wonders in Asia'
- This trek brings you to the summit of Gokyo Ri which offers views of four of the six highest mountains in the world -- Everest and "Himalayan giants such as Lhotse... Makalu, Cho Oyu" (National Geographic)
- Take the road less traveled; head to "Nepal's other Everest" (BBC Travel) with Luxury Holidays Nepal -- an outstanding 100% of TripAdvisor reviewers have rated the operator as Very Good or Excellent
- Highlights of this trip include panoramic views of some the world's highest peaks, the Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley, visits to NamcheBazzar, Phorse Village, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath Temple
Travelzoo Tip: Add 2 extra days to your trek and you'll be able to cover Everest Base Camp as well. Prices for this 16-day tour is also discounted by half and now just US$899 per person.
Click here for UnionPay cardholder special of up to 7% off
Book by: May 30, 2020.
Occupancy Rules: Rate is based on per person basis. If you are traveling alone, you will be paired with another traveler of the same gender. If you wish to have a room to yourself throughout the 14-day tour, a single supplement of US$250; for the 16-day tour, the single supplement is US$300, payable to Luxury Holidays Nepal. There is a minimum of 1 and maximum of 15 people per tour group.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email email@example.com to book your trek. Reservations are subject to availability. Book at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates.
Cancellation Policies: Once the tour date has been reserved, no cancellation is allowed. Changes must be made at least 21 days prior to departure date. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if guests no show. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Tour does NOT include: Nepal entry visa (obtained upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days is US$30 or equivalent foreign currency; lunch, dinner and drinks in Kathmandu; international airfare and airport departure tax; travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation; drinks, hot shower, toiletries, internet and personal expenses during the trek; tips for trekking staff and driver (tipping is expected); entry fees for heritage sites in Kathmandu during sightseeing; any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.