$2,999 – 8-Day Full-Board Tibet Tour for Two, 38% Off
Save over US$900 per person when traveling as a pair on this 8-day tour of Tibet. At US$2999 for two -- US$1499 per person -- this guided tour includes accommodation, entrance fees, travel permits and all 3 meals daily.
- Airport pick up and drop off at the hotel and the airport
- 3 nights’ accommodation in two-star hotels in Lhasa
- 2 nights' accommodation in a two-star hotel in Tsedang
- A night's accommodation in a two-star hotel in Gyantse
- A night's accommodation in a two-star hotel in Shigatse
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- All ground transportation for sightseeing and transfers by tourist vehicle
- Authorized English-speaking Tibetan guide
- Full complement of ground staff for the tour like helpers and drivers
- Tibet travelling permit
- Everest region entrance fee
- An 8-day tour for single travelers is available at US$1599 per person
Why We Love It
- Weekly departures when the weather is best in Tibet
- Even when traveling alone, it's a 34% savings on regular tour prices
- Tour includes three of five "star" attractions which Condé Nast Traveler says will have you falling in love with the 'Roof of the World' -- Potala Palace, Barkhor Street and Jokhang Temple
- Trip highlights also include Yamdrok Lake, Yumbulakang Palace and Karola Glacier, as well as visits to monasteries like Drepung Monastery, Samye Monastery and Pelkor Chode Monastery
Travelzoo Tip: Pleasant weather is common from May through October says Fodor's, who recommends a trip scheduled to coincide with one of Tibet's colorful celebrations -- Shötun (Yogurt Festival) on August 21 and the Bathing Festival (Karma Dunba) from September 19-25
Vouchers can be redeemed for select departure dates from now through October 29, 2017. Once the tour date has been reserved, no cancellation is allowed. Changes must be made at least 20 days prior to departure date, and guests will have to pay a US$200 amendment fee directly to Ace the Himalaya. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if guests no show. Book by: September 29.
Note: US$2999 rate is for two adults, US$1599 rate is based on per person basis; guests will be paired with others in the tour group of the same gender for rooming purposes. An additional surcharge of US$350 applies per person if guests wish to stay in a single room alone during the tour, payable directly to Ace the Himalaya. There is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 16 people per tour group. Children must be at least 12 years old, to be accompanied by one adult.
You can fly to Tibet via Nepal or China. If you are travelling via Nepal, a hard copy of your Tibet traveling permit will be delivered to your hotel in Kathmandu. Travelers going from China have to obtain the Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in your home/resident country and e-mail Ace the Himalaya a scanned copy of the Chinese visa. The Chinese visa will be used to apply for the Tibet traveling permit which will be mailed to you country or your hotel address in China. If you are flying to Tibet via China, it is best to stay a night in China to collect the permit for Tibet at your hotel.
Tour does NOT include: International and domestic airfare and airport departure tax; Nepal entry visa -- if you are travelling to Tibet via Nepal (obtained upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days is US$30 or equivalent foreign currency; extra costs for transfers and hotel stay due to flight cancellation; any other sightseeing activity which is not mentioned in the itinerary; travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation (compulsory); alcoholic, hot and cold drinks; tips for guide (tipping is expected); any other expenses which are not mentioned in the 'Price Includes' section of the itinerary. Children must be at least 12 years old, to be accompanied by one adult.
When You Can Go
Aug 09, 2017 - Oct 28, 2017