$116 – New Orleans: Canal Street Hotel w/Breakfast & Drinks
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The recently renovated Jung Hotel is "looking immaculate and is ready once again to take its rightful place among the city's best hotels" (The Telegraph UK). We agree -- which is why we've negotiated discounted stays throughout summer, including $45 in extras.
- Travel through Sept. 19
- $116 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $174 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Stay in a Deluxe King or a Deluxe Double Queen; upgraded rooms also discounted
- Breakfast for two (reg. $30 daily) and two drinks (reg. $15)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancelable; flexible rates are +$14 per night
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is $32 plus tax per night
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Reopened in 2018 after a $140 million renovation
- Features a rooftop pool and bar available to hotel guests only
- Located on Canal Street, close to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Tulane Medical Center and two streetcar lines
- Originally opened in the early 1900s; Hank Williams was married at the nearby Municipal Auditorium and spent his wedding night at the Jung
The Jung is one of the most historic hotels in New Orleans, originally opened in 1907, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it -- the full renovation completed in 2018 completely updated the hotel into a "modern, upscale" hotel with "spacious and elegant" rooms (Oyster.com). Historical original touches can still be found, though, including a grand marble staircase in the lobby.
Rooms feature flat-screen TVs, Bluetooth alarm clocks with USB charging ports, Wi-Fi and daily in-room bottled water is complimentary. Deluxe rooms sit on the lower floors and feature one king or two queen beds, marble bathrooms with dual showerheads and pillowtop bedding. Superior rooms sit on higher floors with better city views, and Executive rooms are more residential in style with kitchenettes and washer/dryers.
Dining options include a lobby bar and coffee shop plus a restaurant serving Creole favorites like red beans and rice, shrimp and grits and penne pasta jambalaya. There's also a heated outdoor pool on the sixth-story rooftop, along with a seasonal bar for small bites and cocktails. The hotel hosts live music on Friday evenings and features a Champagne & Art tour of the hotel on Friday afternoons.
The Jung is located in a part of the Central Business District that most tourists don't regularly visit, but gives you easy access to streetcars, stadiums and the Tulane Medical District. Guests can be on Bourbon Street in a 10- to 15-minute walk from the hotel down Canal, and enjoying beignets at Cafe du Monde overlooking Jackson Square in just under a half hour.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Separate shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$30 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: $32 plus tax per day. Valet service fee includes in and out privileges.
Valet service fee for oversized vehicle: $36 plus tax per day.
Valet service fee includes in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$116 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.