$230 – Luxury Yorkshire stay w/2-AA-Rosette dinner, 39% off
Save up to 39% on a gourmet getaway at Goldsborough Hall, a stately manor and former royal residence near Harrogate. This overnight package -- which includes dinner in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant -- would usually cost up to $378, but you can snap it up for $230 including:
- Accommodation in a Luxury or Deluxe Room (subject to availability on booking), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 4-course tasting-menu dinner with a sorbet (worth $83 per person) and pre-dinner canapés
- It's $369 for a 2-night stay, with daily breakfast, cream tea on arrival (served from 1-3pm; worth $12 per person) and dinner on the first night
- Fridays are an extra $38 and Saturdays are an extra $51
- You can get the 6-course tasting menu with a sorbet (worth $96 per person) for an extra $13 per person (payable direct to the hotel; please enquire directly after making your reservation)
Why We Love It
- The AA awards the property two Rosettes and rates it as 5-star guest accommodation
- This 17th-century manor sits in 12 acres of landscaped grounds and was the residence of Princess Mary -- the Queen's aunt -- in the 1920s
- Living North says, "it's the perfect place to ponder your own historical insignificance and feast like it's 1699"
Goldsborough Hall is a 17th-century stately manor in the small village of Goldsborough in North Yorkshire, less than 15 minutes' drive from the market town of Knaresborough.
The hall is a perfect base from which to explore the shops of nearby Harrogate (20 minutes' drive), historic York (30 minutes' drive) and the city of Leeds (40 minutes' drive away). Bolton Abbey, Castle Howard, Fountains Abbey and Harewood House, as well as Ripley, Knaresborough and Skipton castles, are between 10 and 45 minutes' drive away.
Dinner is served in the main dining room, which holds two AA Rosettes and offers à la carte and tasting menus. Breakfast and lunch are served in the Orangery, with views of the landscaped gardens, while afternoon and cream teas can also be taken in the Jacobean Library or The Princess Mary Drawing Room. The latter is named after one of the Queen's aunts, who lived at the property in the 1920s. There is a terrace for al fresco dining in fine weather.
According to The AA Hotel Guide 2019, "hospitality at Goldsborough Hall is second to none. The luxury bedrooms are appointed to the highest standards, and the bathrooms have a real 'wow' factor". Deluxe Rooms are in the hall's adjoining Dower House, while Luxury Rooms are split between the Dower House and the Garden House. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 2 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: £20 per night.
Extra bedding not available for older children and adults.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £20 per pet per night.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 39%
$230 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu 1 Feb-31 May; +$38 Fri; +$51 Sat
Getting ThereParking is free. Harrogate and Knaresborough railway stations are within 20 minutes' drive of the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(66 Member Ratings)