$139 – Newcastle: brand-new hotel stay with meals, 44% off
For less than $70 per person, you can be one of the first guests to stay at the Maldron Hotel Newcastle -- a brand-new property opening in Newcastle city centre this December. This dinner, bed and breakfast package saves up to 44% on the usual price and includes:
- Accommodation in a Deluxe Double/Twin Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Canapés and a glass of prosecco on arrival (worth $13 per person)
- A 3-course à la carte dinner (worth up to £34.85 per person; there is a £6 supplement for steak and lamb shank), plus tea or coffee
- Late checkout until 4pm (worth $25)
- A 2-night stay is $236, with the extra night on B&B
- Stay in an Executive Room for an extra $38 per night
Why We Love It
- The Maldron Hotel Newcastle is in the centre of Newcastle, within walking distance of the city's main attractions
- Lonely Planet praises Newcastle for its "excellent art galleries", "magnificent concert hall" and "exceptional restaurants"
- The property's grain & grill restaurant specialises in healthy dishes made using fresh, local produce
- We've also negotiated an afternoon tea for two with a cocktail, for £20
The Maldron Hotel Newcastle is a new 4-star property in Newcastle city centre set to open its doors this December.
The hotel's central location is hard to beat, with the city's main cultural and entertainment spots all within walking distance. Rough Guides named Newcastle the best place to travel in 2018, saying that visitors should "expect to be bowled over by Geordie geniality and the city's nightlife, which is notoriously lively".
Shopaholics should head to the intu Eldon Square shopping centre, hit the high-street shops on Northumberland Street, or explore the independent stores of Grainger Town (all within a 10-minute walk of the hotel). Nearby Gateshead is home to the largest shopping centre in Europe -- the intu Metrocentre -- where you'll find a huge selection of department stores as well as leisure and dining spots. It's less than 15 minutes' drive away, or there is a direct bus that goes from near the hotel.
Many of the Tyneside's art galleries and museums, including the BALTIC and Great North Museum, are less than 20 minutes' walk away. Newcastle Castle -- the medieval fortification that gave the city its name -- is less than 10 minutes' walk from the hotel.
The grain & grill restaurant is open for lunch, dinner and drinks, with a selection of gourmet sandwiches and afternoon tea available during the day, and a varied menu of fresh, local produce in the evening. We have negotiated afternoon tea for two, including a cocktail on arrival, tea or coffee and a selection of sandwiches, cakes and fruit scones with clotted cream and preserves, for £20.
Deluxe Rooms have a double or twin bed, while Executive Rooms have a king-size bed. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: No infant bed/cot or extra bed is available, nor allowed.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: 'Qpark' car parking is located 4min drive from the property. It is subject to availability and charged at £11.20 per 24 hours.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 44% off
$139 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Fri 4 Dec, 2018-31 Mar, 2019
Getting ThereThere is no parking at the hotel. The nearest car park is on Stowell Street, a couple of minutes' walk from the hotel -- use postcode NE1 4XQ. Parking costs £11 per 24 hours. Newcastle Central railway station is around five minutes' walk from the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.