$98 & up – 'Romantic' Hotel in Historic Old Town inc Upgrade & Daily Cocktails
Named one of the 'World's Best Small Cities' at the 2018 Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, Chiang Mai is "undoubtedly the cultural capital of (Thailand)."
Convenience is key when visiting a new city; and a night at the well-located U Chiang Mai now starts from $98. This saves up to 49% and includes:
- Accommodation in a Superior Room (2-night min. required)
- Guaranteed upgrade to a Deluxe Room (4-night min. required)
- Daily 'Whenever, wherever' breakfast for 2
- One cocktail for 2, once per day (with 2-night stays)
- Daily cocktails for 2 (with 4-night stays)
- 24-Hour Use of Room
- Free use of bicycles
- Free Wi-Fi
- $98 a night ... min. 4-night stay in Mar 3 - May 30, 2019 (Sun-Thu)
- $107 a night ... min. 2-night stay in Mar 3 - May 30, 2019 (Sun-Thu)
- $138 a night ... min. 4-night stay in Nov 26, 2018 - Feb 28, 2019 (Sun-Thu)
- $141 a night ... min. 2-night stay in Nov 26, 2018 - Feb 28, 2019 (Sun-Thu)
- Fri-Sat is $10 extra a night
- Note: Minimum nights required per booking; only 4-night stays include a guaranteed upgrade and daily cocktails.
Why We Love It
- Chiang Mai is recommended by Lonely Planet and Travel + Leisure as one of the must-visit cities in 2018
- Late risers can have breakfast served anytime, anywhere
- Customize your stay - make your pillow, soap and tea selection prior to your arrival
- Bicycles are free for guests to use
- Situated in Chiang Mai's historic Old Town near the popular Sunday Night Market
- Within 5-10 minutes by foot to four temples including Wat Chedi Luang - one of 'Thailand's Top 10 Landmarks' (TripAdvisor)
Winner of 'Thailand's Leading Luxury Boutique Hotel' in 2012 at the World Travel Awards, U Chiang Mai is also a 7-time winner for service at TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards (2012-2018).
Listed as one of the 'Most Romantic Hotels in Chiang Mai,' (Oyster Awards) the hotel is an "upmarket stay" with a "modern and cutting edge vibe."
Facilities at the 41-room boutique hotel include outdoor pool, a spa, 24-hour gym, a restaurant and an open-air rooftop bar. The hotel also has a library on the second floor that offers "a good selection of holiday reads and illustrated books on the city and the region." (The Telegraph UK)
Under U Hotels and Resorts, it's “24-hour use of room concept” is unique to the brand and allows guests to enjoy their room for 24 hours from arrival.
Rooms are set around the courtyard swimming pool and each come with a private terrace with a daybed and an en-suite with a rain shower. Deluxe Rooms are more spacious and has a separate bathtub as well.
Well-located in the historic Old Town, Chiang Mai’s Sunday Market is an absolute must for any visitor says Culture Trip. Attractions like Wat Chedi Luang, Tha Pae Gate and the Three Kings Monument are within a 5-minute walk away. There are also plenty of restaurants, bars and shopping opportunities near the hotel.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking
Check-in: 24-Hour Use of Room: Staying guests can enjoy their room for a full 24 hours from the actual check-in time. (eg. if check-in at 3am today, the check-out time will be 3am on the next day)
Checkout: 24-Hour Use of Room: Staying guests can enjoy their room for a full 24 hours from the actual check-in time. (eg. if check-in at 3am today, the check-out time will be 3am on the next day)
Children and additional guests:
Children 11 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 49%
$98 / night
When You Can Go
Nov 26, 2018 - Feb 2a8, 2019
Getting ThereThe hotel is a 15-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport and approximately THB 160 per way by taxi.
For a hassle-free arrival or departure, transfers can be booked through the hotel for THB 600 per way (~ US$18) for up to 3 people. For 4-5 persons with luggage, a commuter van is THB 800 per way (~ US$24).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.