$2,145 – Borneo: 3-Night Luxe New Island Retreat w/Airport Transfers & Half Board
Skip the regular city visits to Kota Kinabalu and venture to nearby 'Survivor Island,' also known as Pulau Tiga.
Book half board stays at the brand-new Borneo Eagle Resort for $2,145 over 3 nights including peak holiday dates. Round trip airport transfers come included.
- Accommodation in a Pool Villa
- Daily breakfast for 2
- Round trip land and speedboat transfers from Kota Kinabalu International Airport (reg. MYR 1,682)
- Complimentary 60-minute Signature or Traditional massage for 2, once per stay (reg. MYR 448)
- Daily pre-dinner cocktail (a MYR 348 value)
- Daily 3-course set dinner with selected non-alcoholic beverages during meals (reg. MYR 1,740)
Why We Love It
- Luxury island resort newly opened June 2018 and features only 13 one-bedroom oceanfront villas
- Once featured on the hit reality series, 'Survivor' as a secret location
- Known for its "its therapeutic natural volcanic mud" (Sabah Tourism), the island has since been nicknamed 'Survivor Island'
Pulau Tiga was first made known to the world when it was featured as a secret destination on the hit television series, 'Survivor'. While it has since been known by travelers and locals as 'Survivor Island,' a luxury stay hasn't been available until now.
Newly opened in June this year, the 5-star Borneo Eagle Resort boasts just 13 villa units, each a spacious 172sqm fronting the ocean.
As an alternative escape away from the bustle in the main city of Kota Kinabalu, this resort now offers members an exclusive half board stay which includes daily breakfast and dinner, as well as pre-dinner cocktails.
Blessed with a private beach area, the island resort has other regular facilities such as a swimming pool, an in-house restaurant, spa, as well as a fitness center. Non-motorized water sports are also available for rent.
It's sister property on Gaya Island, the Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa, opened back in 2010, and also holds good reviews on TripAdvisor as one of the 'Top 25 Hotels for Romance' in Malaysia (2018 Travelers' Choice).
- Infant cots / cribs
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
Check-in: 10:30 - 15:00
Checkout: 11:15 - 16:00
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$715 / night
When You Can Go
Through Mar 31, 2019
Getting ThereFrom Kota Kinabalu International Airport, hop on a two-hour car ride to Kuala Penyu Jetty, then catch a boat to Pulau Tiga where the resort is. The entire journey takes approximately two and a half hours.
With every 3 nights booked on Travelzoo, these land and boat transfers are included.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.