Member Exclusive – Half-Board Onsen Town Escape nr Tokyo, Up to 58% Off
Recommended by Japan Guide, 4-star Nisshinkan in the hot spring resort town of Manza Onsen is offering Travelzoo members exclusive savings on stays until mid December.
- $176 a night ... Japanese-style room with half-board for two
- $195 a night ... Western-Japanese style room with half-board for two
- Add a one-night stay with return transfer for two at an additional +$75 per room; this can be combined with any number of half-board stays desired
Why We Love It
- Located a 1.5 hour drive from Nagano and a 3.5 hour drive from Tokyo
- One of the "less commercial" onsen towns in Gunma Prefecture, the region is also great for outdoor activities like skiing in winter, rafting or canyoning in spring and summer says Lonely Planet
- Set within the Joshinetsu Kogen National Park, the hotel offers a complimentary early morning nature walk daily from 6-7am
- Buffet dinner includes over 40 kinds of dishes
- All rooms overlook the surrounding mountains
- Dubbed “the onsen that creates beautiful skin”, the milky-white waters of Manza Onsen is popular as it "has the highest sulfur content of any hot spring in Japan" (Japan National Tourism Organization)
Manza Onsen is a hot spring resort town located 1800 meters above sea level, high up on the slopes of Mount Shirane at the northwestern edge of Gunma Prefecture.
Here, snow is guaranteed in winter, making it one of the best places near Tokyo to enjoy an outdoor bath in the snow says Japan Guide.
Japanese-style 'Honkan' rooms are located in the main building and come with traditional Japanese tatami flooring and two futon beds.
Western-Japanese style 'Yubou' suite rooms are specially designed with a tatami area for guests who prefer the best of both worlds - a modern style room with the traditional comforts of tatami.
The resort boasts 9 hot spring baths; their outdoor onsen, Gokuraku no Yu, offers panoramic mountain views by day and a sky full of stars by night. Other facilities at the ryokan includes a karaoke room, a 24-hour front desk and free parking.
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Please check in before 6 p.m.
Please check in before 6 p.m.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests:
Rates are based on double occupancy.
Extra occupant charges are as follows and will be added to the total price at check-out;
-Japanese style room with half board JPY 9,700 (Weekdays in August and October: JPY 11,700)
-Japanese style room with half board and transfers JPY 13,800 (Weekdays in August and October: JPY 15,800)
-Western-Japanese room with half board JPY 10,700 (Weekdays in August and October: JPY 12,700)
-Western-Japanese room with half board and transfers JPY 14,800 (Weekdays in August and October: JPY 16,800)
Pets: No pets allowed.
Hot spring tax of JPY 150 per person/per night will be charged by the property at time of check-in or check-out.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 58%
When You Can Go
Until Dec 28; +$36 a night in Aug & Oct
Getting ThereThe closest railway station to Manza Onsen is JR Manza Kazawaguchi Station and the fastest way to get from Tokyo to Manza Kazawaguchi Station is by Shinkansen and local train via Takasaki. The journey will take about 2.5 hours and cost JPY 6000 yen per person, per way.
From the JR Manza Kazawaguchi Station, another 40-min bus ride will get you to Manza Onsen for approximately JPY 1350 per person, per way.
For a hassle free stay, book the upgraded package which includes direct round trip bus transfers for two from Tokyo (Oedo Line Tochoumae Station, Exit A2). Bus departs Tokyo daily at 9am and from the hotel at 3pm
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.