$77 – Glamping & Paddleboarding on Sunshine Coast, 55% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Camping doesn't have to mean you'll be roughing it -- bunk up in style in a safari tent with a real bed and fireplace. This deal includes paddleboarding or canoeing for two on the calm waters of Ruby Lake.
- May 1 - June 25; Sept. 7-27:
- $77 per night ... Safari Tent
- April 10 - June 25; Sept. 7 - Oct. 31:
- $121 per night ... Cottage
- Includes two-hour stand-up paddleboard or canoe rental for two people (up to $100 value)
- Stays in July and August are also available (non-discounted and does not include rentals)
What You Need to Know
- Two-night minimum stay for Friday and Saturday check-ins
- The restaurant may have limited hours during shoulder season; check Ruby Lake Resort for restaurant operating dates and time
- Price based on up to two guests sharing accommodations
- Tents accommodate a maximum of two people; cottages accommodate up to four guests
- Children ages 1-15 years can stay for an additional $8 per night; older children and adults are an additional $12 per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel 30 days before arrival if needed
- Limited free Wi-Fi is available in some of the resort's common spaces; not available within the accommodations
- Limited availability for paddleboards
- Free self-parking and no resort fee
- Pet-friendly; some accommodations are pet-friendly (fees apply)
- Daily housekeeping is not available for the tents; tent washroom facilities are shared and a short walk away
- In order to deter wildlife, food is not permitted inside the tents
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The resort has a network of walking trails, a picnic area and bird sanctuary
- The lagoon doubles as a wildlife sanctuary for painted turtles, otters and beavers
- Tents are elevated on wooden platforms with full beds and fireplaces
- Cottages are individually designed; some have fireplaces or full kitchens
- The on-site restaurant serves dishes using ingredients from the resort’s garden
British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast “has an independent, island-like mentality that belies the fact it's just a short hop […] from Metro Vancouver” (Lonely Planet). Add on the fact that it’s “the province's most celebrated year-round recreation center” and “the scenery is spectacular,” it’s a tantalizing haven for those looking for an easy getaway (Frommer’s).
Within this renowned region and sprawled over 80 acres on the edge of Ruby Lake, this expansive resort is an outdoor sanctuary. Though accommodations are amidst a rustic setting, guests will appreciate the myriad of amenities -- in addition to creature comforts like feather duvets, there’s an outdoor amphitheatre, private dock and beach, onsite canoe, row boat, and stand up paddle-board rentals, as well as lakeside yoga classes, swimming, hiking and cycling trails. Be sure to leave time to explore the nearby Skookumchuck Narrows saltwater rapids and picturesque Princess Louisa Inlet.
The on-site Italian restaurant, linked by a floating foot bridge over the lagoon, creates dishes using as much local produce as possible including farm-to-table goods grown right on site. Guests can enjoy menu standouts like fresh steelhead trout from Lois Lake Powell River and spaghetti with homemade pesto and vegetables from the resort’s own garden.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Private beach
- 100% smoke-free
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm. Front desk hours are limited. Please contact the property upon booking to receive important check-in instructions (includes applicable hours, directions, etc.).
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Front desk hours are limited. Please contact the property upon booking to receive important check-in instructions (includes applicable hours, directions, etc.).
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available. Rates are based on double occupancy.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
C$10 plus tax per night for children 1 to 15.
C$15 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Ages 16+ are charged as adults.
Charges for children 15 and under will be applied and charged directly at hotel.
All children must be included in the total guest occupancy. Please list children's ages under the "Special Requests" field.
Rates are based on double occupancy.
Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged CA$25 plus tax per stay for tents and CA$35 plus tax per stay for cottages. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet Friendly accommodations are available in select cottages and tents. It is mandatory that guests contact the hotel directly to check availability for a pet friendly room prior to booking.
A CA$100 per day penalty charge will be assessed if hotel is not contacted to ensure availability of pet friendly accommodations and pet was introduced into a non pet-friendly room.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Limited restaurant hours can be expected in April, May, June, September & October.
Please contact property directly or check their website www.rubylakeresort.com for applicable hours during your stay.
$77 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(13 Member Ratings)