$191 & up – NYC: Suite Stay on Upper West Side, 40% Off
Book early to save up to 40% on fall and winter rates at this Travelzoo member-favorite hotel, where rooms are extra large suites with fully equipped kitchens so you can experience New York like a local at this historic Upper West Side hotel.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Standard Queen Suite with Kitchenette
- $191 per night ... Jan. 2 - March 10
- $279 per night ... Nov. 6-19; Dec. 9-23
- $398 per night ... Oct. 21-31
- Upgrade to a Deluxe Queen Suite for an additional $29
- Price based on up to three guests sharing a room (or two adults and two kids)
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- No on-site parking
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Save up to 40% on these Broadway shows, with tickets starting at just $29.
"A winning mix of attentive service, comfortable rooms and convenient location" -- Lonely Planet
Why We Love It
- A historic hotel adjacent to the renowned Beacon Theatre
- Spacious suites provide plenty of room for families
- Quiet neighborhood feel, just a short subway ride from midtown
- Known for its excellent value, plus there are no hidden resort fees
One of the few remaining residential hotels in New York City, Hotel Beacon is noted for its friendly staff and spacious rooms and suites. The quiet, cozy lobby offers space for lounging plus a business center, laundry service and luggage storage. Rooms are traditional in style and stocked with all of the comforts of home, including a flat-screen TV, marble bathroom, giant closets and kitchenette complete with refrigerator, stove, pots and pans and microwave. Upper-floor rooms also offer views of Central Park, the Manhattan skyline and the Hudson River.
The adjacent Beacon Theatre is one of the area’s most famed attractions, having hosted notable names such as the Rolling Stones, Coldplay and the Allman Brothers. Yet the hotel’s Upper West Side location offers a quiet, neighborhood feel that serves as a respite after a busy day of sightseeing in the city’s more bustling areas. It’s three blocks from Central Park, 10 blocks from the Lincoln Center and less than a 15-minute walk from the American Museum of Natural History. It’s also three blocks away from the nearest subway station, offering a five-minute ride into midtown Manhattan.
Guests can take advantage of local restaurant options or opt to cook a meal right in their own kitchenette after shopping at one of the nearby family-owned grocery stores -- including neighborhood favorite Zabar’s. The on-site Beacon Bar is also a choice for light bites and drinks, and it's known for its late-night happy hour.
- "The neighborhood location offers a glimpse into the everyday life of New Yorkers" -- Fodor's Travel
- "Guests staying at this apartment complex-turned-hotel find themselves in the middle of the city's most impressive cultural venues" -- New York Magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds available in Suites only.
Extra bedding available upon request: $20 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children in the Standard Suite One Queen Bed & Deluxe Suite One Queen Bed.
Extra beds available in Suites only.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Parking is available at nearby public garages.
$191 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options through March 10
Getting ThereThe hotel is 10 miles from LaGuardia Airport, 20 miles from Newark Airport and 24 miles from JFK Airport. Travelers can expect to pay approximately $39, $55 and $64, respectively, to reach the destination.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(99 Member Ratings)