$123 & up – Wiltshire getaway w/breakfast & bubbly, 60% off
Overnight stays at Beechfield House now start from $123. Saving up to 60% on the usual price, getaways to this sand-coloured country house set in acres of private Wiltshire countryside include:
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A glass of prosecco on arrival (worth $9 per person)
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth $69)
- Overnight stays for two, with full English breakfast, a glass of prosecco, late checkout until 1pm and £25-per-person dining credit to use on the bar, à la carte or tasting-menus, start at $164
- Stay in a Comfy Room for an additional $35 per night
- Saturdays are an extra $55 and require a 2-night minimum stay
- You can book multiple nights with breakfast; Monday-Saturday nights are $14 cheaper if you book 2+ nights on the dinner, bed and breakfast option
Why We Love It
- This "charming" (The AA) Victorian country house has eight acres of grounds and its own arboretum
- The hotel's 2-AA-Rosette restaurant with its chandelier and wooden floor is described as "handsome" by The AA
- Bath is less than 35 minutes' drive away, while the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around 15 minutes' drive away
The AA calls Beechfield House a "charming" country-house hotel with eight acres of "beautiful" grounds. Set in the Wiltshire countryside between the Cotswolds and North Wessex Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this 4-star property even has its own arboretum within its manicured gardens.
Lacock Abbey is a 5-minute drive from the hotel. This National Trust property was founded in the 13th century as a nunnery and later became a private country house with fortifications. Its photography museum, gardens and cloisters -- which were used as a filming location in two Harry Potter films and "The Other Boleyn Girl" -- are open year-round (the abbey is open Thu-Sun from Nov-Mar and daily for the rest of the year).
The Cotswolds and North Wessex Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are both around 15 minutes' drive away -- perfect for walkers and seekers of stunning scenery. Bath, with its impressive medieval abbey, Roman baths and stone-building lined streets, is around 25 minutes' drive away.
The hotel has a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant, so you don't need to venture very far to find good food. The à la carte and tasting menus both use herbs, fruit and vegetables from the gardens, and afternoon tea can be enjoyed in front of the open log fire.
All rooms are individually designed and Comfy Rooms have garden or woodland views. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 11am.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Children and additional guests: Extra guest charges will apply as follows: Infant's cot/crib available on request in all rooms, free of charge, for a child aged 1 and under. Extra bed available on request in all rooms for an child aged 2 to 15, and charged £15 per night. Extra bed available on request in Cosy Rooms only for older children or adults and charged at 30% of the deal rate per person per night. This includes breakfast. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request a cot/extra bed and confirm the age of the extra guest.
Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per night. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$123 / night
When You Can Go
Sun until 28 Feb; +$14 Mon-Fri; +$55 Sat
Getting ThereMelksham railway station is 5 minutes' drive away. It offers trains to London Paddington railway station via Westbury. Junction 4 of the M4 is within 20 minutes' drive. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.