$163 & up – Chicago's Chic Viceroy Hotel, Save 45%
Why We Love This Deal
Guests can save up to 45% at one of the Top Hotels in Chicago (Conde Nast Traveler) with a stay in an upgraded Deluxe King room -- or splurge a little more on a Lake View or Grand King room to receive free parking or a breakfast credit.
"Absolutely lovely ... an ideal spot for an occasion-worthy stay" -- Time Out Chicago
- $163 per night ... most dates in March
- $175 per night ... most dates April-May
- Complimentary upgrade to a Viceroy Deluxe King room
- For +$23 per night, book a larger Grand King room or a Lake View King with better views and a $50 breakfast credit or complimentary valet parking (reg. $72)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- These rates are non-refundable and non-cancellable; flexible rates can be booked for +$23 per night
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Ultra-modern hotel in Chicago's Gold Coast with steps away from the Mag Mile
- Sophisticated guest rooms which feature floor-to-ceiling windows and rainfall showers
- Stunning views of the city from the rooftop bar, Devereaux
- Features two restaurants from a James Beard Award-nominated chef
The chic Viceroy Chicago impresses travelers and locals; Time Out Chicago calls it one of the city's best staycation options where "no design decision went overlooked." It also marries history and style seamlessly, built into an 18-story glass tower surrounded by a 1920s-era art deco building that once served as the Cedar Hotel (whose sign still glows in the hotel's restaurant).
Rooms are luxe and colorful with a midcentury-modern feel. Starting at a spacious 337 square feet, rooms feature free Wi-Fi, bedside USB charging ports, a Nespresso coffee machine and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer stunning city views. The bathrooms feature marble counters, Natura Bisse and ROIL bath and salon products plus a walk-in rainfall shower.
The restaurant and rooftop bar are both big draws as well; Eater.com named the country-club-esque Somerset as one of the city's hottest restaurants, while Devereaux on the rooftop offers cocktails in along with impressive skyline and lake views. Both are overseen by James Beard Award-nominated chef Lee Wolen, who was also named Chef of the Year by the Chicago Tribune in 2014.
Located a few minutes north of the Mag Mile and near the boutiques, clubs and restaurants of the Gold Coast and designer boutiques on Oak Street, the Viceroy is well located for a relaxing stay off the beaten path but still close to the action -- and Oak Street Beach, too.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $50 plus tax per pet per night.
Maximum weight of 25 pounds.
Valet service fee: $72 plus tax per day. Valet service includes in and out privileges.
Valet service includes in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$175 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(13 Member Ratings)