$142 & up – Wilmington's Iconic HOTEL DU PONT, 55% Off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Rich in style and tradition, the renowned HOTEL DU PONT was just named the best hotel in Delaware by Conde Nast Traveler. Spend a long weekend visiting trendy restaurants, breweries and the riverfront all while saving 55% on stays through October.
"You'll get a heady dose of old school glamour" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Stay in a Classic King Room
- $142 per night ... Fri.-Sat. through Aug. 31
- $176-$198 per night ... Fri.-Sat., Sept. 6 - Oct. 26
- $186 per night ... Thursday and Sundays through Oct. 31
- Special welcome gift of the hotel's signature macaroons ($17 value)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $20 plus tax per night; Valet parking is $25 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- This area combines rich American history with trendy restaurants, a vibrant craft beer scene and a popular riverfront.
- The hotel has been the heart of the city's social and cultural scene for more than 100 years
- Located in downtown Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley, this hotel was built in 1913 by French and Italian craftsman, who carved and painted much of noteworthy features by hand
- Longwood Gardens, a 25-minute drive away, was voted as one of the best botanical gardens in the country by USA Today's 10Best readers
Since 1913, HOTEL DU PONT -- a Historic Hotel of America -- has hosted elite members of society such as Prince Rainier of Monaco, President John F. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt. This 4-star property is the grand dame of Delaware hotels and sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
Guests are welcomed into a lavish lobby that radiates “old school glamour” (Conde Nast Traveler). Everything from the painted ceiling, furnishings and marble walls is posh and art-inspired. Rooms are styled with old-world European decor and offer a spacious, home-away-from-home experience. Features include a separate sitting area, deep soaking tubs and free Wi-Fi. There’s a 24-hour fitness center on site for all guests to use. The hotel also offers a free car service to and from the downtown Amtrak train station, based on availability and advance notice.
Known for impeccable food and service (and hosting some A-listers and historical figures), the Green Room is a must-visit; this on-site restaurant has earned many awards, including the state's only AAA 4-Diamond award for a restaurant. Previous guests say the Sunday brunch is the best in town. The Lobby Lounge is also open for casual afternoon tea, light fare or happy hour, with live tunes on the grand piano.
The city of Wilmington is small, but it has a vibrant arts and social scene with restaurants, tax-free shopping and museums and art galleries nearby. The Winterthur Museum and Gardens, a 15-minute drive away, is home to 700 acres of naturalistic gardens, woodlands and museum galleries. The Playhouse on Rodney Square, located in the building, is a famed theater dating back to 1913; it hosts national Broadway performances, comedies and concerts.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$50 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $100 plus tax per pet per day.
Maximum weight of 25 pounds.
Valet service fee: $25 plus tax per day. Self-Parking fee: $20 USD plus tax per day, does not include in and out privileges.
Self-Parking fee: $20 USD plus tax per day, does not include in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$142 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(275 Member Ratings)