$234 – Chicago: Luxe Boutique Hotel near Millennium Park
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Guests at this 4.5-star boutique hotel in the Loop are steps from Chicago's Theater District and Millennium Park, and just a mile from the city's famed Restaurant Row. Members save up to 35% on a stay through Labor Day.
- $234 per night ... check in select dates through Sept. 2
- Stay in a King Deluxe room; Queen/Queen Deluxe rooms are +$23 per night
- BONUS: Select dates (mostly around holidays and on Sundays) are available for $116 per night
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi for IHG rewards members; basic service starts at $7.99 for non-members
- Self-parking is $46, and valet parking is $69 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; no additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- A rare 4.5-star boutique in the heart of Chicago's Loop
- The 293-room hotel revived an 1890s-era building with a multimillion-dollar renovation
- The hotel's 15th-floor rooftop lounge, Boleo, serves Latin American-inspired small plates and cocktails under a retractable glass roof
- The Vol. 39 cocktail lounge, with a variety of vintage spirits, is one of the city's best bars (Chicago magazine)
The Kimpton Gray brings a chic 1920s feel with a touch of "Mad Men" style to Chicago's financial district. Built in a fully renovated 1890s-era building with a lobby covered in granite and Georgia Gray marble (the source of the hotel's name), the Kimpton group created one of the few 4.5-star options in the Loop.
If you think the hotel's rooms have the look of a bespoke men's suit, that's entirely on purpose. With a palette of light blues and gentle grays, the rooms feature details like armoires that open up to reveal a bright floral interior -- just like the lining of a fashionable suit jacket. Other thoughtful touches include marble bathrooms with rainfall showerheads (Deluxe Rooms feature showers only; no bathtubs), USB chargers in the alarm clocks and huge windows for tons of natural light. Wi-Fi is free for IHG Rewards Club members.
As the building formerly served as office space, original details like mail drops and extra-wide hallways remain, along with crown molding and very thick walls (so noise is less of a concern). All guests also receive the array of free perks you get as a guest of a Kimpton hotel, including yoga mats and umbrellas in each room, loaner bikes (available upon request), morning coffee and tea service in the lobby, along with a free hosted wine hour each night.
The hotel features a number of dining and drinking options as well. Boleo, the striking 15th-story rooftop bar, serves Latin American-inspired cuisine and cocktails underneath a massive glass roof that's retractable during warmer months, while Vol. 39, the cocktail lounge on the hotel's second floor (decorated with midcentury-modern furniture and a library of law journals discovered during the renovation), has been named one of the city's best bars by Chicago magazine.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: free of charge.
Car park fee: $46 plus tax per day. Note: If you sign up to join IHG Rewards standard, Wi-Fi is free. This rewards program is free to join.
High-Speed Wi-Fi fee: $12.99 plus tax per day.
Valet service fee: $69 plus tax per day.
Note: If you sign up to join IHG Rewards standard, Wi-Fi is free. This rewards program is free to join.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$234 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(13 Member Ratings)