The Royal Duchy Hotel
Why We Love It
- This turn-of-the-century hotel holds four AA Silver Stars and overlooks Falmouth's scenic coastline
- It's a 15-minute walk from the lively town centre
- There's an award-winning restaurant and a lounge with a sea-view terrace
- It's part of the Brend Hotels group, which won AA Hotel Group of the Year 2015
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The "very friendly" (The AA) Royal Duchy Hotel has panoramic views of Falmouth Bay and 16th-century Pendennis Castle. Built in 1893 on a tranquil stretch of seafront, the property is a 15-minute walk from the town centre, which is known for its bustling harbour, National Maritime Museum and waterside pubs. Many of Cornwall's most picturesque sights, including St Ives, home to the Tate art gallery, Truro with its grand cathedral, and the Lizard Point, the southern tip of the UK mainland, are within an hour's drive of the hotel.
Inside, the hotel has a refined feel. There's an elegant, 2-AA-Rosette restaurant serving British cuisine with Mediterranean and Asian influences, a cosy lounge bar with a sea-view terrace offering light meals and cream teas, and a smart, granite-topped cocktail bar. The hotel's palm-fringed lawn is dotted with sunloungers, and there is also an indoor pool, a spa area with a sauna, and a snooker room. Kids can head for the playroom and the outdoor games area.
Rooms are decorated with soft neutral tones and plush fabrics and have free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have sea views and a sitting area.
- "Popular for its polished service, cosseting comfort and sea views across Falmouth Bay and to Pendennis Castle, The Royal Duchy Hotel promises a relaxing getaway" -- Condé Nast Johansens
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Games room
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Only a limited number of the Inland rooms can accommodate extra beds. No other room type can accommodate any extra guest. Please contact the hotel prior to booking to check availability for extra guests and please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to confirm your request and the age of the third and/or fourth guest.
Extra guest charges apply as follows: £15 per person, per night for children aged 2-14 inclusive. This includes breakfast. Children aged 1 and under stay free of charge when staying in an infant's cot/crib on request. This includes breakfast. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(120 Member Ratings)