Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond hotel near upscale shopping
- Past guests include Josh Groban, Mary J. Blige and former President George W. Bush
- Complimentary shuttle within a three-mile radius
- Features an outdoor pool and 24-hour fitness center
"For guests that don’t need to stay in the downtown area, Royal Sonesta offers a good value" -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Formerly the Intercontinental, Texas’ first Royal Sonesta property underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation project to earn its regal title. Located in the swanky Uptown Galleria district, the hotel is just 15 minutes from downtown Houston.
Rooms feature custom-designed furnishings, contemporary art, crisp white bedding and oversized windows with views of downtown, the Galleria or Memorial Park. Suites accommodate larger groups and families with sofa beds and dining areas. Upgrading to the Concierge Level gains access for guests to a private lounge for a complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails. All accommodations feature free Wi-Fi.
Globally inspired cuisine is paired with selections from the generous wine cellar at ARA restaurant against a backdrop of hardwood floors and banquette leather booths. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For after-dinner drinks, visitors can gather at Axis Lounge or come early for happy-hour specials starting at 5pm Sunday-Thursday.
To accommodate even the busiest travelers, the hotel offers 24-hour in-room dining and a fitness center open around the clock. Those looking to soak up the Texas sunshine can head to the fifth-floor outdoor pool, and a complimentary shuttle transports guests within a three-mile radius of the hotel.
- "Execs consider the 485-room, 23-story tower one of the best choices in town" -- Gayot.com
- "An upscale, chain hotel located near one of Houston's high-end shopping areas" -- Oyster.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 28 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 22.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50.00 per pet, per day
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.