$139 – Downtown Houston Hotel incl. Breakfast, 55% Off
Originally opened in the 1960s, this recently renovated spot maintains a piece of its historic past via its midcentury-modern decor. Check in and kick back while saving up to 55% on regular rates with this exclusive deal.
- What's included:
- Travel most dates through Dec. 9
- $139 per night ... Executive King or Double room with daily breakfast for two ($40 value)
- Stay in a Standard King or Double for $128 per night (breakfast not included)
- One welcome beverage per reservation (up to $14 value)
- Price based on up to four guests sharing a room; rollaway bed available upon request for no additional charge
- Refundable price; must cancel 72 hours in advance to avoid penalty fees
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking only; overnight parking is $34 Sunday-Thursday and $18 Friday-Saturday
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
What you need to know:
"Business travelers and arts enthusiasts enjoy the elegance of this high-rise hotel" -- Gayot
Why We Love It
- Property features a palm-tree lined outdoor pool and 24-hour fitness center
- Rooms include free Wi-Fi and cookies served before bedtime
- Hotel is within a half-hour walk of popular attractions and two universities
- Underwent an extensive renovation in 2016
The $5 million overhaul completed in spring of 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown included renovated guest rooms, an improved lobby, a new restaurant and a name change to the Whitehall. The new brand has big shoes to fill, as the property lists President Obama, Vice President Biden and Cher among past guests. The curved-edge glass tower stands up to the challenge, its spot in the city skyline illuminated from spotlights in its roof and lanterns in the trees surrounding the front door.
The newly opened hotel features a 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool shaded by palm trees. Part & Parcel sets the mood for romance under the Texas stars with cocktails in the courtyard. Decorated with robin’s egg blue accents against patterned tile and rustic wood picnic tables, Edgar’s Hermano serves Tex-Mex cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a traditional taqueria setting.
Among the largest accommodations in Houston, the property’s guest rooms include free Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, Keurig coffeemakers and eco-friendly bath products. Sotherly’s Signature Beautyrest mattresses and complimentary bedtime cookies ensure a good night’s rest for all.
Within a 30-minute walk of major attractions, the hotel is a good fit for sports fans attending games at Minute Maid Park and the Toyota Center, families visiting the Downtown Aquarium or those in town for shopping sprees at the Galleria. A free downtown shuttle is also available.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
Services Available upon request throughout the Downtown area. Available 7:00am- 10:45pm, 7 days a week.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Infant’s cot/crib available on request free of charge. Extra bed available on request, free of charge for children and adults.
Pets: No pets allowed; service animals only
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Parking charges apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel:
Weekday parking: $29.00 per night (Sunday - Thursday) plus tax.
Weekend parking: $15.00 per night (Friday & Saturday) plus tax.
Event parking: $15.00 per night, plus tax.
$139 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through Dec. 9
Getting ThereThe hotel is 21 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(41 Member Ratings)