$214 – Costa Rica: Luxe Marriott Resort, 45% Off
This hip boutique hotel, set on 17 acres of beach surrounded by mangrove trees, makes for an adventurous yet luxurious getaway. This deal saves 45% on regular rates and includes a daily resort credit.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Bark or Nesto Suite
- $214 per night ... Aug. 18 - Oct. 31
- $304 per night ... Nov. 1 - Dec. 17
- Includes $50 daily resort credit
- Waived resort fee (reg. $20) covers valet parking, Wi-Fi and bike and kayak rentals
- Choice of two yoga classes (non private class) or two one-hour paddleboard rentals per stay (reg. $60 each)
- 2-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$30 per guest, per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- Not pet-friendly
What you need to know:
"The luxury resort’s vibe is private, serene and undeniably stylish" -- Forbes Travel Guide
Why We Love It
- Guests love that the resort is easy to get to -- it's only 20 minutes from the airport
- Opened in February 2014, it still has a new hotel feel to it
- With only 85 suites, this boutique hotel provides a trendy yet tranquil spot to enjoy the beaches and jungles of Costa Rica
- This Forbes Travel Guide 4-star property offers modern rooms and luxurious touches like walk-in rain showers
This 4-star boutique hotel offers a luxurious and trendy abode for those looking to lose themselves in the beauty of Costa Rica's beaches and tropical mangrove forests, after which the hotel is named.
Its modern, airy suites feature clean, neutral colors and contemporary decor, as well as furnishing resembling the surrounding mangrove trees, sugarcane and stone. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, large walk-in rain showers, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and patios complete with hammocks.
El Mangroove sits on 17 acres, with 150 meters of beachfront. Guests can spend the day paddleboarding, kayaking or surfing, or rent a bicycle and cruise through the lush grounds. Cool off poolside with music from international DJs, relax in one of the private cabanas, hit the spa or take a free yoga class.
For on-site dining, head to Makoko for elegant, contemporary cuisine in a casual atmosphere, or to Matiss for a relaxed setting with ocean views. For shopping or a night out, the artsy town of Playas del Coco (or El Coco as the locals call it) is just 15 minutes away.
- "More luxurious beach boutique hotel than big beach resort despite its 85 suites, El Mangroove opened in February 2014 and has already become known as THE place to be and be seen." -- Conde Nast Johansens
- "Barefoot luxury abounds at this hip boutique hotel where an airy courtyard leads to a 45-meter pool lined with beach bungalows and modern rooms. Architect Ronald Zürcher integrated stone, sugarcane, and towering Guanacaste trees into the design." -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available. Extra person fee is $30 (subject to tax) per person per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available. Extra person fee is $30 (subject to tax) per person per night.
No pets allowed.
A resort fee of $20.00 per room/ per night applies and is included in the total price shown. The resort fee includes valet parking, Wi-Fi, local calls, bike rentals and kayak rentals.
The resort fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$214 / night
When You Can Go
Aug. 18 - Oct. 31; +$90 Nov. 1 - Dec. 17
Getting ThereEl Mangroove, Autograph Collection is located just 20 minutes from the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Guanacaste, Libieria, Costa Rica. From there, taxi fare each way costs 10 689 CRC (Costa Rica Colon) or $19.50 USD.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.