$168 – 'Cool' San Francisco Hotel over Weekends, 45% Off
Less than two blocks from San Francisco's Union Square, this "cool, funky" hotel (Oyster.com) drops rates as much as 45% for weekend travel through June.
- $168 per night ... many Thursdays-Sundays March-June
- Surrounding dates in February and November-December are also discounted
- Waived nightly facility fee covers Wi-Fi and other services (reg. $20; will be waived at hotel)
Why We Love It
- Less than two blocks from Union Square and less than 10 minutes on foot from Market Street -- two of the city's main shopping zones
- Guests highlight the friendly staff and moody rooms
- Great transit connections for exploring: within a couple blocks of the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf, the streetcar to the Castro and the BART train to the airport
- The central location draws lots of tourists, though street noise does sneak into rooms at most hotels around here
San Francisco's Union Square earns its reputation for being a major shopping hub with flagship stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Macy's and Nike -- all within walking distance of Hotel Diva. BART, cable cars and buses are all within a couple blocks of the property, granting access to other areas of the city. It's a lively area, and street noise sometimes follows you back to your room, so it's best to pack earplugs.
Outside the hotel, walk along the "Diva Sidewalk of Fame," which displays signatures of celebrity guests. Rooms are modern and moody, though dimly lit and can be a bit small -- common in this part of town. All rooms have air conditioning and windows that open for some fresh air.
An evening happy hour serves free Cosmopolitan shots from 5-7 p.m. Delicious Mexican food can be found at Colibri Mexican Bistro, located in the lobby of the hotel. Room delivery can be ordered from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. Inquire when booking about pet-friendly rooms, additional fees and certain restrictions. On-site valet is available for $55 per day.
- "Favored by mid-budget fashionistas and traveling club kids, industrial-chic Diva's stainless-steel and black-granite aesthetic conveys a sexy urban look" -- Lonely Planet
- "Many guests have commented positively on the rooms' cool decor, cleanliness, and comfortable beds, but have been unimpressed by their small size" -- Oyster.com
General The gym / fitness center is off site.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
Room amenities Some rooms offer ceiling fans.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Infant's crib (pack-n-play) available on request, free of charge for one child up to age of 2.
Extra bed available on request and in King Bed rooms only; $25 (subject to tax) per night.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra person charge is $20 (subject to tax) per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request (Maximum weight: 50lbs) and will be charged $50 (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A Facility Fee of $20.00 per night (subject to tax = $22.80) applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $55.00 (subject to tax) per day for standard size vehicles and of $65.00 (subject to tax) per day for oversize vehicles applies, includes in and out privileges, and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$168 / night
When You Can Go
Getting ThereThe Powell Street BART station is less than 10 minutes by foot from the hotel. Guests can take BART to get to San Francisco International Airport or Oakland International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(105 Member Ratings)