$225 – Costa Rica's No. 1 Luxury Resort at 60% Off
Named Travel + Leisure's No. 1 Resort in Costa Rica and Central America, this 5-star mountain retreat seamlessly combines luxury and nature. This exclusive Travelzoo offer saves members up to 60% on regular rates.
- Accommodations for two in a Deluxe King or Queen Suite
- $225 per night ... through Dec. 19
- $311 per night ... most dates January-March
- Upgraded casitas with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs are also discounted
- Daily breakfast for two at Ambar Terrace (reg. $25 per person)
- Check out the Travelzoo blog for more details on this amazing property
- Travelzoo tip: We found roundtrip airfare as low as $314 to San Jose Airport from New York, and Houston in google flights.
Why We Love It
- 5-star resort featured on Condé Nast Traveler's 2016 Hot List as one of the best new hotels in Central and South America
- At 20,000 square feet, its spa is the largest in Central America
- Guests can tour the 28-stable equestrian center, and spend the day riding
- All guests receive complimentary daily breakfast and Wi-Fi
If you think Costa Rica is all about its beaches, think again. Hacienda AltaGracia, the first Auberge resort in Central America, is tucked high among the mountains of Pérez Zeledon -- one of the last unexplored areas in southern Costa Rica. Named on Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot list for 2016, this one-of-a-kind hotel is sure to provide travelers with a luxurious vacation in the midst of nature. Guest rooms are spacious and all have terraces that overlook the mountains or San Isidro Valley.
Activities are endless at this luxury resort. Spend the day being pampered in the spa, which at 20,000 square feet, is the largest in Central America. The resort has its own 28-stable equestrian center, where guests can take a tour, and hop on a horse for a ride through the mountains and rain forest.The hotel also offers ultralight aircraft tours in which guests sit back while an expert pilot takes off from the resort’s own landing strip, and glides high in the sky offering aerial views of the surrounding area. Refresh after a day of exploration in either the indoor or outdoor pool and hot tub. The outdoor pool also offers those great mountain views.
The resort has three dining options on property -- Ambar, La Cantina and El Bistro -- which all embrace a farm-to-table concept inspired by locally sourced ingredients. From the spacious suites and multiple dining options to the endless activities, this Auberge resort in the heart of nature exudes luxury and is sure to leave travelers relaxed and refreshed.
- "...this 864-acre property—the first Auberge Resort in Central America—brings glamor and luxury to an otherwise rugged terrain" -- (Conde Nast Traveler)
- "Grants new access to a relatively unknown region of Costa Rica" -- (Travel + Leisure)
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 5.
Extra bed available on request and in the Premium Casita, Master Casita and Two Bedroom only: $50 + tax per night.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra person charge for the Deluxe Queen Suite and Two Bedroom Casita is $75 (subject to tax) per person per night. Extra person charge for the Premium and Master Casita is $125 (subject to tax) per person per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$225 / night
When You Can Go
Travel through Dec. 19; +$76 Jan. 4 - Feb. 18, March 2-23
Getting ThereHacienda AltaGracia is located in San Isidro del General. The resort can easily be accessed via a short flight on Sansa Airlines from San Jose International Airport to San Isidro Airport, which is located just 35 minutes from the resort. Alternatively, guests can also reach the resort via one of their private planes, which depart from San Jose International Airport and Liberia International Airport. Guests who choose to arrive by car can take a 3.5-hour scenic mountain drive from San Jose airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(12 Member Ratings)