Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Why We Love It
- Staying in suburban Chicago places guests within a 35-minute drive of downtown without the pricey city room rates
- AAA 4-Diamond rated with an indoor pool and free parking
- Variety of dining choices on-site, including a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- Near the Chicago Botanic Garden and Northwestern University
"The selection of on-site eateries caters to a wide variety of tastes" -- U.S. News & World Report
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set in suburban Chicago, a 35-minute drive from downtown, the AAA 4-Diamond Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel is an economical, yet upscale option in comparison to the high-end hotels of downtown. On average, visitors can shave 30-40% off hotel bills by staying a bit outside the city center -- and the parking is free.
It's also convenient to Northwestern University and the Chicago Botanic Garden, both within a 20-minute drive away.
Guest rooms are spacious enough that even standard rooms accommodate up to four guests with room left over for a cozy reading nook, work desk and mini fridge. Corner rooms offer additional space and connecting rooms are available. Families and groups can spread out in one-bedroom suites with king-size beds separated from living and dining rooms. All accommodations are decorated in rich reds and golds, and include flat screen televisions, coffee makers and Aveda bath products. Wi-Fi can be purchased for $9.95 per day, enhanced high speed is $4 more.
Pets are welcomed to stay as well for an additional fee. Visitors can upgrade to the Club Level for access to the private lounge which offers free breakfast, hors d’oeuvres and dessert. All guests have access to the fitness center and indoor pool.
The hotel has two fine dining restaurants. For breakfast, lunch and dinner, Pancetta Regional Kitchen & Bar serves Italian cuisine and is geared more towards families. For a bit more atmosphere, the on-site Ruth’s Chris has a fireplace-lit dining room. Afterwards the hotel's RLounge serves cocktails paired live entertainment from local artists.
- "The hotel features a stunningly elegant modern lobby design with an inviting lobby lounge filled with plush seating areas" -- AAA
- "Some of this Renaissance property's best traits can be attributed to its location, including its peaceful atmosphere and its reasonable rates" -- U.S. News & World Report
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.