Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Why We Love It
- Named the best hotel in America (Condé Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards 2015)
- Private Mercedes-Benz car service for drop-offs within two miles of the hotel
- Suites feature fireplaces and marble bathrooms with soaking tubs
- AAA 5 Diamond hotel with plenty of room to stretch out -- most rooms are at least 600 square feet
"This grand Gold Coast outpost is the ultimate in luxury” -- Zagat
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Waldorf Astoria name is perhaps most associated with the iconic New York property just steps from Central Park, but it's the AAA 5 Diamond Chicago outpost that was literally named the best hotel in America by Condé Nast Traveler readers. When you look at the spacious rooms and amenities like a full spa, a personal concierge service and critically-praised cocktail bar, you start to understand why.
Forbes Travel Guide calls the Waldorf "easily one of the most fashionable hotels in the city," with rooms that feature Parisian style from the contemporary silver-grey color palate to the in-room fireplaces to the private terraces. There are a few base-level standard rooms, but most of the accommodations here are suites, starting at 630 square feet up to the 3160-square-foot Presidential Suite on the 26th floor. All rooms feature marble bathrooms, soaking tubs and vanities with inset TVs, 42" flat-panel TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Guests of the Waldorf Astoria receive access to the spa's mosaic-tiled lap pool, fitness center, eucalyptus steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi and can arrange for a DreamDry blowout service at the hair salon. For a more private experience, in-room spa treatments can be arranged and services even extend to a bath menu that can be drawn for you with special oils and salts.
The on-site restaurant, simply called The Kitchen, serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch featuring an American menu (and endless Veuve Cliquot can be ordered on the weekends). Bernard's Bar, the cocktail bar on the hotel's second floor, is "the hidden jewel within the Waldorf palace" (Time Out Chicago) with a well-thought-out cocktail bar and small bites.
- "At this Windy City Waldorf, opulence isn't just a design feature; it's a virtue" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "An Art Deco jewel inspired by the style of Coco Chanel" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- "Subtle style, exceptional service and impeccable attention to details" -- Zagat
- "It models itself on 1920s Parisian glamour and we gotta say: it delivers" -- LonelyPlanet
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 30 for adults and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 70 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities are closed until further notice:
- Swimming pool
- Spa tub
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.