Grand Hyatt Rio De Janeiro
Why We Love It
- Brand’s second Brazil property, opened in March 2016
- Beachfront hotel with sprawling pool complex and on-site water sports
- All rooms have balconies, upgrade for ocean views and plunge pools
- Free breakfast and Wi-Fi
"Rio’s first self-styled ‘urban resort’ will charm couples and bowl over families" -- Telegraph UK
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The first Grand Hyatt in Rio de Janeiro, this property was opened in 2016 for the Olympic Games and is near many of the sporting venues. Located between Barra da Tijuca’s white sandy beach and the Marapendi lagoon, the urban resort is a five-minute drive from the upscale neighborhood’s high-end shopping and restaurants.
High ceilings, glass partitions and open spaces with “living walls” bring the great outdoors of Brazil inside the new hotel. The mosaicked lobby and guest rooms are washed in sandy tones and decorated with local artwork and native stones. All accommodations have floor-to-ceiling windows, private balconies, Nespresso machines and free Wi-Fi. Rooms are outfitted with thoughtful touches including flip flops for the beach while guests can upgrade to lodgings with lagoon and ocean views or suites with luxuries like private elevators, gourmet kitchens and plunge pools.
All stays including complimentary breakfast and for dinner, guests have the choice of traditional Italian, contemporary Japanese or Brazilian cuisine paired with caipirinhas and Bossa Nova music.
The full-service Atiaia Spa is on the lower level and sandwiched between the 24-hour fitness center and a yoga/meditation studio where dance and fitness classes are offered. The wide pool deck opens directly to the beach where guests can take volleyball, surfing and other water sport lessons. Those looking to relax can unwind under an umbrella with a cocktail from the beachfront bar.
- "Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro delivers sedate style and excellent service worthy of the brand's reputation" -- Gayot.com
- Kids' club
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: BRL 78 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: BRL 60 per day
- Pet fee: BRL 480 per pet, per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: BRL 9 per accommodation, per night
- Resort fee: BRL 55.00 per accommodation, per night
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.This property’s resort fee includes:
- Ferry ride through the Marapendi Lagoon, the Carioca Pantanal.
- Daily physical indoor and outdoor activities.
- One hour complimentary bike experience per person per stay.
- Unique gastronomic experiences, such as Caipirinha Tasting in our award-winning restaurants.
- Access to the Marapendi Lounge for early arrivals and late departures.
- Access to the Atiaia Spa & Fitness relaxation room, with steam room and locker rooms.
- 10% discount on Atiaia SPA's treatments
- 24-hour access to the gym.
- Two welcome drinks at Cantô Restaurant
For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.