Why We Love It
- Property was gifted to the city by the Vanderbilt family in 1909
- Room scent and pillow menus as well as free champagne at check-in
- Easy access to Newport’s mansions, art galleries and waterfront
- Muse, the on-site restaurant, serves New England favorites like clam chowder
"This Grace Hotel property aims to impress, and does" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
Over one hundred years ago, the Vanderbilt family built the mansion and then gifted the property to the city of Newport. Since 1997, The Vanderbilt Grace has been an elegant hotel with first-class dining, a spa and two swimming pools. Luxurious stays start before arrival when guests are given the option to choose their pillows and room scent, and continue with champagne at check-in.
Truly a product of its generation, the Beaux-Arts mansion is gilded from top to bottom. Each spacious room features a kitchenette, Italian linens with cashmere throws and views of the harbor or historic downtown. Modern comforts like flat screen televisions and free Wi-Fi are also included. The oversized bathrooms have marble showers and lavish Penhaligon toiletries. Larger, multi-room suites are available for families.
Guests can dine on New England favorites with a French twist at Muse, the on-site restaurant before heading to the Garden Terrace for evening cocktails. In addition to an outdoor pool, the spa features a heated indoor pool and offers treatments in candlelit rooms with holistic Parisian products.
Vanderbilt Grace is in the heart of downtown Newport. The hotel is walking distance to shops, galleries and the famous mansions dotting the coastline. From the harbor, visitors can take sailing tours, charter fishing boats and enjoy a lobster dinner with views of the sunset.
- "The rooftop deck has cocktail service and a spectacular view of Newport Harbor" -- Fodor's
- "The rooms and suites are all updated with modern techonology and furnishings, but there's an overall classy, elegant feel to them" -- Oyster.com
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 53.50 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Beach towels
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Concierge/valet service
- Self parking
- Valet parking
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.