Woodford Bridge Country Club by Diamond Resorts
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- This rural bolthole near Holsworthy in North Devon has a 15th-century thatched coaching inn at its heart
- You can choose between rooms & lodges, depending on the size of your group
- The seaside resort of Bude is a 30-minute drive away
- Dartmoor National Park & Exmoor National Park are both within an hour's drive of the property
Devon is "the great patchwork-quilt area of southwest England", according to Frommer's. Base yourself at The Woodford Bridge Country Club near Holsworthy to explore this county, which includes two national parks.
This property is a 30-minute drive from Bude, a resort that's known for its pastel-coloured beach huts and wide sandy beaches. Dartmoor National Park -- which is describes as "an area of remote wilderness and moorland" by Condé Nast Johansens -- is a 50-minute drive from the hotel, and Tintagel Castle, the birthplace of King Arthur, according to legend, is 55 minutes away.
Exmoor National Park is described as "more than a little addictive" by Lonely Planet, which also claims that "you're likely to be planning to return before you leave". If you want to delve further into this national park, then the rural town of Dulverton in West Somerset and the picturesque villages of Lynton and Lynmouth are all within an hour-and-15-minute drive of the property.
Woodford Bridge Country Club has a bar and a restaurant. There's also an indoor swimming pool, a steam room, a sauna, a gym, a squash court, a badminton court, a library and a garden.
Double rooms are located in the main building, which is a 15th-century former coaching inn with a thatched roof. These rooms have small fridges and tea- and coffee-making facilities. Some also have private balconies.
The 1- and 2-bedroom apartments have a lounge with a sofa bed, a flatscreen television, a DVD player, a dining table and a private balcony or terrace.
There are 1-bedroom apartments that accommodate up to four guests, and 2-bedroom lodges that accommodate up to six guests. All lodges come with a fully equipped kitchen -- including a washing machine and a dishwasher -- a flat-screen television, a DVD player and a private outdoor terrace. All apartments and lodges come with a fully equipped kitchen -- including a hob, a microwave, a toaster, a kettle and a coffee machine. Some lodges have a washing machine and dishwasher.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for one child per room up to the age of 2.
There are no extra beds available. Extra guests stay free when using existing beds and bedding.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
* All bookings of 5 rooms or more are subject to the property’s group booking conditions.
* Full payment for standard rate/flexible rate group bookings must be made 30 days prior to the arrival date and the credit/debit card taken at the time of booking will be charged accordingly. No cancellations or refunds are permitted once payment has been made.
* The property reserves the right to refuse check in or terminate your stay where any guest(s) is displaying anti-social behaviour. Due to the nature of the property, the property is not suitable or recommended for stag, hen or similar parties.
* The property requires a valid credit card to charge a refundable security deposit of £100 per apartment upon check in. Your deposit will be refunded at the end of your stay upon inspection of your apartment(s) however please note the funds will only appear in your account once processed by your financial institution.
* Upon check in all guests occupying the unit including children are required to present a valid form of identification along with the confirmation of your reservation.
* Check in is after 4:00 pm and checkout is prior to 10:00 am.
* Children under 18 are not permitted to stay in the accommodation unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. All under 18’s are included in the occupancy level for your apartment. Under no circumstances must the maximum occupancy level be exceeded.
* If you intend to arrive later than midnight on your arrival date please notify the resort as soon as possible.
* Additional fees apply for the use of certain resort facilities. The number of WiFi devices varies depending on room type.
* Special requests for accessibility requirements, specific apartment locations and views cannot be guaranteed.
* The resort operates an on-going refurbishment programme to improve the accommodation, facilities and common areas. Refurbishments or building work may be taking place throughout the year. While the hotel/resort endeavours to keep noise and disruption to a minimum, there may be some disturbance to our guests.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(6 Member Ratings)